Sad night

The predator got in through the slightest--really, barely detectable--opening in the brooder. A sliver. I had to really look for it, because it's barely perceptible to the naked eye, and I am awed that they could have ever gotten in. They are that clever. I thought the brooder was so secure that the door to the coop was open.
I'm sure this sounds idiotically stupid and of course I am blaming myself (over and over and over again).
But it's a lesson--even in the 'burbs, and i'm in a quasi-urban suburb--that the predators are out there, they are fiercely clever and they will stop at nothing. And we shouldnt ever get too comfortable in what we think is secure--wise to have another layer of protection to be on the safe side.

Anyway, I'm still grieving but I'll be OK. I can't believe they're gone.
Thank you to all of you for your kind words and support. I'm sure I must sound like a fool.
Anne Marie.

I am so sorry this happened to you !
hugs.gif

I have 1 week old chicks and I was in a discussion with my husband this morning on how to keep predators out. As we were talking, I made the comment that I might just keep them inside the house forever or move into the coop with them.

Again, I am sorry for the pain you're going through.

Back
Top Bottom