Sad story about my chickens. I need to find them homes asap.

Wish i could take them but again i am a tad far away as well. New Mexico to be exact.. I am needing a decent hen flock to merge with the 3 hens I have now..
sad.png
I hope things get better for you!
hugs.gif

Well, a strange turn of events...... My chickens have started dropping like flies. Have no idea what is wrong with them. One minute they seem fine, then the next time I see them they are unable to walk with their legs curled up under them. They still eat and drink just fine, but within a few hours they are dead. Ive lost 5 chickens and my turkey and a few more dont look so good. I have put Sulmet in their water today to see if it might be something bacterial. Very strange that nothing is different but they have suddenly started dying. They are not free range, so they couldnt have gotten in to anything.
sad.png

I hope that the rest of your chickens are okay! If we lived closer to each other, I'd take them. I have just about the same breeds and crosses of chickens that you do. They'd feel right at home! Good luck on finding someone close by to take them and give them a good home.
fl.gif

Last edited:
Did you post them on craigslist?

When I had to rehome my rooster I posted on Facebook and one of my friends wooked with a lady who needed a rooster. (and I live in suburban california where we aren't even suppose to have them- so a state in the farm belt might have more interested ppl)
Also try the feed store ppl.

I'm sorry they are sick!! Poor things! Could it be somethinn wrong with their food/water/litter? Could someone be poisoning them? That's sick to think about but I've seen crazier things.

Oh sorry I thought you were in Iowa. Is Illinois still considered farm belt?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom