Sad to announce

Tikkajazz94

Songster
11 Years
Feb 7, 2008
Southern Alberta, Canada
I am sad to announce that a while back, my pen got broken into By a animal, and killed all my peafowl. Sorta was my fault, as I Left the bottom lock, unlocked.... and a little slope at the back of the run, but the shed was covering it, I have no Idea what animal..... :( This would have been my first year with eggs..... :(
hit.gif

I Also saw that the garage door was open, and after that I Brought my Quail in the house..... So At least I have my chicken (rooster) and my quail..... I won`t be getting another pair till May, as I will be moving to a Quarter section and I will make a new pen.... But :É It is still a huge lost for my family and the acreage.

I'm so sorry, tikkajazz. This has to be devastating. Maybe you can buy an adult pair and still have eggs this year. Any idea what kind of animal? Did id dig under or unlatch the gate?

well, the shed's back is where the little slope is, but a small animal can get in there, like a racoon. But The gate was open.... Deff no Foot prints.... of any animal, as it snowed and it covered any up :/

I wanted to reply to this sooner...I haven't been on the computer lately but I first read this at school. Where to start? It is horrible to have something break in, but getting all your peafowl! That is horrible I hope that it doesn't happen again.
fl.gif

What are you going to do? Are you going to get some more peafowl after a while or?

I wanted to reply to this sooner...I haven't been on the computer lately but I first read this at school. Where to start? It is horrible to have something break in, but getting all your peafowl! That is horrible I hope that it doesn't happen again.
fl.gif

What are you going to do? Are you going to get some more peafowl after a while or?

I know :( I want to know that I'm in the new place. That I have a proper spot for them.... Which gives me some time to set stuff up. But I might get some May 12th at my friends livestock sale

Back
Top Bottom