Sad

beerman

Songster
11 Years
Mar 7, 2008
Smithville, il
None of my turkey eggs that the mailman left in the snow hatched, 3 boxes of eggs gone. sigh well I guess I will order pullets soon
smile.png

Quote:
Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that! Don't know if it's an option for you or not, but perhaps you can have your post office hold the next delivery (eggs or poults) at the post office for you to pick up. I always ask the sender to write "Hold and Call for Pick-up" along with my phone # on the box. Then, just to be sure, I call our post office and let them know I have eggs coming and again give them my phone #.

Hope you have better luck with the next shipment!

They usually hold them this time they didn't, they didn't even ring the bell, when I complained they said they are not responsible for the packages they deliver. odd I thought it was their job.

Sounds like the lazy postal service we have here, I swear they dont sit stuff at our door they just throw it in the general direction.

Sorry to hear about the eggs. Do you know your mailperson? I find that since we have gotten to know our mailman he really goes out of his way for us.
I had chicks delivered last week and he made a trip out in his truck first thing in the morning before he started the mail route and then came back later on his regular delivery route. He does this every time.
Normally he doesn't get to our neighborhood until the afternoon but for the chicks he comes out at 8:00 a.m.
He takes extra care when I have an egg package coming too.
If I am able to catch him I give him a heads up that I have eggs or chicks coming and he keeps an eye out for them, sometimes I leave a note on the mailbox for him in case I don't see him.
If you work away from home during the day then its obviously harder to get to know them but if you see them at all, maybe on Saturdays you can get to know them a little.
Good luck with the poults.

Back
Top Bottom