sad

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Feathers7, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Feathers7

Feathers7 New Egg

Oct 7, 2010
    I had to get rid of my 'girls." I have had chickens for 7 years and my next door neighbor complained to the city, (I live in the city.) After all this time. I guess I made her mad about something...again. I tried to fight them...but..no didn't work. I put my girls on a farm and visited them...until something "got them."
    I made pets out of them. They would sit on my chair when I was outside reading.
    I miss my hens. Sad and lonely without them. Hoping to move to the country. But it will be awhile.

Feathers

2. StevieNay

StevieNay Out Of The Brooder

Feb 17, 2012
    [​IMG] I'm so sorry!

[​IMG] I hope you feel better soon. Some people just don't understand our appreciation of these birds! Is there anything that can be done to get the ball in motion to change the city laws? Lots of places are starting to allow chickens!

3. Glenmar

Glenmar Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2011
    VIRGINIA
    [​IMG]

4. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    [​IMG] Today I had to go to a friend's and remove 4 of his dogs. His neighbor has been complaining about the 'noise' on a daily basis. Said friend is undergoing chemo and just can't deal with this at the present time so I have temporarily relocated his dogs. Hopefully in the future I can return them and once again you can have chickens. [​IMG] SAD strikes a chord within me today.

5. ChickenPeep

ChickenPeep Faith & Feathers

May 1, 2011
    Olathe, Kansas
    I'm so sorry! [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Heartbreaking.

7. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

I'm so sorry. [​IMG] I can imagine just how hard this is for you. Hopefully, in the near future, you may be able to get some more girls for yourself. Its very unfortunate, people don't realize that these birds ARE pets too.

8. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    Sorry for your loss. I can't stand neighbors like that.

9. Pepurr

Pepurr Out Of The Brooder

Dec 19, 2011
    Bernalillo, NM
    Darn busy bodies. Rotten chicken haters!

10. Rachy

Rachy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2011
    UK
    I'm so sorry, such a sad story. [​IMG][​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by