saddles and roo socks

Well, about wet feet, that's why I was thinking of a meshy screen material with just a bit of rubberizing on the bottom, enough to give them a little grippy.

I didn't know there were softpaws. Looks like they are worth a try. I would think they would be better than socks, I guess.

im not sure the rooster would actually try to do anything w/ socks on his feet he would be too preoccupied w/ the things on his feet.

Our guy tears off, or breaks a wing feather now and again with his claws. We had the most problem with bare backs (and one good sized laceraton that required stitches on a GSL pullet) before we cut off his spur tips and used heavy grit emery boards to get `em rounded off and smooth.

Reason I'm posting is that we still have some of our daughter's `stuff' here (teenage geegaws), necklaces with plastic `pearls' and whatnot of various sizes that, if drilled out a bit, could be slipped over points of both claws and spurs and glued on (that would sound interesting on a wood floor).

Quote:
3891_cow5.gif

I was havin fun with the sock idea though, go figure theres gonna be a more practical idea out there.
lol.png

OT and not to be stupid, But how did my rooster get nubs instead of spurs? Were they cut off when he was a baby and stay small? They are very round, about 3/4 inch, just smooth nubs. They havent changed since I have had him either. It would be nice if all my roos had that, but I dont know how that happens?

I posted my question about whether all roosters have spurs on the forum, but no one has answered. Maybe my question is too stupid to answer? Oh well
big_smile.png
That way we could know if we have to cover all of them with socks or just remove them! And then put neon pink doggie tips on the rest of the roos nails!
Tina

Quote:
Hi, I'm sure that members have roos with spurs. I don't think you got replies cause the subject line on this thread isn't where someone would see your question. Try posting it separate, it will probably help. I don't have any roos that are over a year old, so far they just have nubs.
Karen

Back
Top Bottom