Sadly, when I'm down, it's resented-->venting...

ChooksChick

BeakHouse's Mad Chicken Scientist
15 Years
Aug 17, 2008
Larry, KS
My Coop
My Coop
I have a fabulous husband who is caring, hard-working, and wonderful, however, when I'm down, sick, etc. *HE'S A CRANKY OLD GOAT!*

I am woman. I am laid up with woman-pain. I think we all get what I mean, and sometimes it's bad enough to down a moose with me. He insists I lay around and hovers a bit as though taking care of me, but he's furious! He's stomping around and snapping at the kids, and being cranky.

I know I run the house, make things go, and am the household optimist to his pessimistic view, but for Pete's sake- just do without me and quit being irritated that I'm not on top of it right now!

He does this when I get migraines, too. Love him dearly, but want to give him a time-out right now.

...just venting. Really needed that....thanks for giving me the venue, folks!

Maybe it hits home how much he relies on you and it scares him that he depends so much on someone else.

ETA I love the big boy panties line.
big_smile.png

Last edited:
So sorry. I always tell my DH that I'm the only one allowed to have PMS in this house! Then he usually gets the hint.
wink.png

Hope you feel better soon.
smile.png

Just go to bed and lock the door. Let him deal with being chief cook and bottle washer. If he wants to be cranky, let him, just not around you. Not now, not when you're in pain.
hugs.gif

Thanks for the support, girls!!

I knew I could count on all of you to reinforce me- I keep feeling guilted and almost reach for the pain meds, so I can get up and get back in the driver's seat, but *I'm NOT going to do it.*

He'll be okay, right? It's good practice. Heaven forbid I'm out of commission for more than a day, for crying out loud...Like to see him experience this and get whined at to boot!

ep.gif

hit.gif

Quote:
Good job Mahonri! At least you're man enough to admit it!
lol.png

Mahonri, I think guys can see what's happening and be good about understanding when they're not 'in-the-moment'- at least mine can...and I appreciate your understanding, fwiw!

Back
Top Bottom