Safe wasp spray

HeyHey

Songster
6 Years
Aug 23, 2017
I have chickens, cats and a dog and need a wasp spray that is safe for them.I have a large nest where they are. Thank you in advance

I had a heck of a nest in the run one yr. Booted the chicken's out and sprayed the nest with foaming bee spray. Afterwards, I shoveled out the area underneath the nest then sprayed the nest and ground with lots of water. Chicken did fine.

We've had good success using one part Dawn and 4 parts water in a pump spraying bottle and hosing down nests. If I remember correctly, it coats the wasp body and they can't breathe and so they suffocate.

What kind of wasps and where exactly is the nest?
Pics might help here.
They are black wasp and up iny side vent by my roof. I can't get pics because my phone isn't that great and I would need to be on a ladder.

On the house? I'd spray them with wasp killer, then hose that area down.
Sprayed plenty of wasps nest on the house over the yrs and never had any issues with the dogs or chickens getting sick. Can't imagine that stuff tastes great, so not worried about pets eating the dead bees.

On the house? I'd spray them with wasp killer, then hose that area down.
Sprayed plenty of wasps nest on the house over the yrs and never had any issues with the dogs or chickens getting sick. Can't imagine that stuff tastes great, so not worried about pets eating the dead bees.
Yes on the house..thanks for the information

This time of year I go on a hunt for empty hornets nests. Biggest one I have found so far is a conical 24 inches long and 18-20 inches at the widest top. Last year I found an active bald faced nest that was basketball sized next to our 🚤 ; I hosed it down with wasp spray and the chickens did not bother it one bit.

Back
Top Bottom