Safeguard and Feather Damage While Molting

Having a good office staff helps many vets deal with upset clients. Dealing with abused animals (or children) is emotionally taxing. Another difficult one is when someone deliberately chooses to keep a vicious animal (one form of animal abuse is deliberately creating a vicious animal) and then that animal seriously injures someone or another animal. Vets sometimes end up involved in those cases too.

The good news is that you can pick up the phone and report that stuff, which is one way of dealing with it appropriately.

Nice job on the metacognition, btw
clap.gif

I agree. I know I will probably get involved. Thank you!

Time for day 10 followup with Safeguard. I have the girls on ACV and garlic, gave them yogurt with probiotics etc. Is there any way to bypass the 10 day followup and/or will followup with Eprinex work in it's place?
I have the feeling I know the answer. We've all had the flu here so trying to cut corners but want my girls healthy. They look great, I look like a mack truck hit me

NO! It is absolutely imperative that you do the follow up dosing at ten days or you did the first one for nothing.

Ok, I did it. Is it for 3-5 days? Hoping to get away with 3 as I've seen no worms.....but I don't have a microscope either LOL

Ok, I did it. Is it for 3-5 days? Hoping to get away with 3 as I've seen no worms.....but I don't have a microscope either LOL

You should do 5 days make sure all worms are dead, just as a precaution in my opinion. When it comes to worming there are no shortcuts. If you take a shortcut it can result in a built up resistance to that wormer and then you affect everyone near you as well.

Last edited:
Time for day 10 followup with Safeguard. I have the girls on ACV and garlic, gave them yogurt with probiotics etc. Is there any way to bypass the 10 day followup and/or will followup with Eprinex work in it's place?
I have the feeling I know the answer. We've all had the flu here so trying to cut corners but want my girls healthy. They look great, I look like a mack truck hit me

You can't just swap in Eprinex -- if it won't kill the worms the first time, it won't kill those worms the second time either. The second worming it to break the cycle and catch the worms that hatch from the eggs left behind by the adults that you killed with the first round. So if you switch to the Eprinex, it's like not doing the second worming.

And I feel for you -- we have the flu here too, and it's hard to do anything except lie down, cough and feel wretched.
sickbyc.gif

And I feel for you -- we have the flu here too, and it's hard to do anything except lie down, cough and feel wretched.
sickbyc.gif

I hope you feel better soon! This is round two in less than 6 weeks for both hubby and I. It's unlike any other flu I've ever had. And he NEVER gets sick. Something in the air.....................
It's dangerous and one to take very good care of. I hope it's nothing that can be transferred from chickens and back..........at this point I am questioning this...........

Back
Top Bottom