Said hello here, now saying goodbye

Galaxiedriver

Songster
10 Years
Apr 25, 2009
Mid Missouri
It was just over a year ago that Jan and I joined this fine group of people. We got our little peeps in July last year, raised them, enjoyed the farm fresh eggs, but now have decided to get out of the chicken business. We had a fun time being "chicken farmers" but find that it serverly cramps our retirement travel plans.

We started with 22 chickens, 20 females and 2 males. We finish our chicken farming career having never lost one chicken to desease or predators. We now have 10 hens having sold the two boys and 10 hens to a neighbor a few months ago. Next week we will sell the remaining 10 hens and convert the coop into a garden tool shed.

It's been fun, really, and we learned a lot here. thank everyone who helped educate us in chickenology.

YOU'LL BE BACK!
frow.gif

Congrats on your retirement plans and enjoy!

Goodbye!
frow.gif
(Of course, feel free to keep visiting and posting. Plenty of BYC'ers don't have any animals!
big_smile.png
)

I agree, keep posting, when you have time. BYC is a great place for friends, even if you are out of the chicken business. Enjoy your travels and share some pics of your destinations once in a while! I would love to see where you get to go
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom