Sally's GF3 thread

Pics
The clam shell type post hole digger looks better than the single bladed one.

You could dump a bucket of water in the are to dig?
They're not. The doubles are for removing the soil the graft has broken up. If you can dig effectively with the doubles then you have lovely soil.

Nope, it's not a trenching shovel.:)
I understand its not a trenching shovel, but it looks a lot like a trenching shovel. The offset blade is the key difference.

1685235129910.png

I understand its not a trenching shovel, but it looks a lot like a trenching shovel. The offset blade is the key difference.
The key difference is the hardness and correct tempering of the steel and the weight of the graft.
My graft will cut ST5 concrete almost as well as a chisel and point.

The key difference is the hardness and correct tempering of the steel and the weight of the graft.
My graft will cut ST5 concrete almost as well as a chisel and point.
I keep splitting fiberglass handles (they do last longer than the wood handles, which I snap). Mine is razor sharp, because the clay soils have polished the leading edge to a fine angle.

I have a rotary hammer drill for concrete, thanks!

The 40-50% chance of rain they had for later this week has dwindled down to 20%. I gotta find my dancing shoes and practice my rain dance.

Except I don't have dancing shoes, and I have worse than two left feet, I have 10 left big toes. I love to watch ballet, but it makes me feel... very earth bound and clumsy.

In my job at the photo lab, we had a regular customer who did lots of dance pictures, mostly girls en pointe in various locales for senior pictures. I loved looking at her work. Partly for the subject, and partly because she was an excellent photographer.

I saw a lot (LOT!!!) of really crappy photos. Photos memorable for their crappiness. Photos that made me cringe and wonder why someone was actually paying money for them.

If you're ever looking for a wedding photographer, ask to see examples of their work. Daddy walking daughter down the aisle? One chance to get it right. This photographer blew it, big time.

See? Rambling.

Last night I was reading in bed and heard BOOM!! at 9:54. And at 9:55, and about 30 seconds after that. I looked at my phone, just in case the time was relevant/important.

"What time did you hear the gunshots, Sally?" is a question I might be asked.

Yup, that's what it was, a 12 gauge shotgun. Next door. Moments later, got a text from the neighbor that there had been 2 LARGE raccoons in their chicken run. They went up a tree under their own power, but gravity brought them down. I have no love in my heart for raccoons.

That brings me to GF3... aren't you really curious what it might be...?

Back
Top Bottom