Salmon faverolle rooster in need of new home

smooch177

Songster
8 Years
Jun 1, 2016
Corrales, New Mexico
I have a sweet salmon faverolle rooster that I unfortunately have to rehome.
His name is Elvis, born 5/1/21, so at the time of this posting, he’s ~16 weeks old.

I live in Rio Rancho, NM which has a rooster ban but this spring I ended up with 2 males. I only have 11 girls but I really didn’t want to give them up so I’ve tried everything. The anti-crow collar works wonderfully on the other rooster, but even with the collar, Elvis has some lungs on him! We’ve been managing so far but recently it has become a little tenuous because of that hen:rooster ratio and I just don’t want any of them to get hurt. I would have preferred to keep Elvis but I think it’s only a matter of time before a neighbor reports me.
Elvis is a sweetie, has a great personality, loves to chat, can be quite entertaining and seems to prefer hanging out with me over the others most of the time!

This has been a very hard decision but I really just want him to live somewhere where he’s loved and free to crow 🙂

Attachments

• 0D923BA0-402C-4C51-9721-563226966430.jpeg
    0D923BA0-402C-4C51-9721-563226966430.jpeg
    757.6 KB · Views: 10
  • 56F07AB3-3B30-4D96-914D-E799C262E81D.png
    56F07AB3-3B30-4D96-914D-E799C262E81D.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:
He's a handsome fella! Have you posted him in your state's thread? That's probably your best for finding him a harem of his own. Another thought is that, if you can offer him for sale as a pair (with a hen,) he'd be more likely to end up as a flock roo than dinner ....

He's a handsome fella! Have you posted him in your state's thread? That's probably your best for finding him a harem of his own. Another thought is that, if you can offer him for sale as a pair (with a hen,) he'd be more likely to end up as a flock roo than dinner ....
Thanks—good advice
I just noticed that I checked the wrong forum box! I meant to post in the rehoming forum 🙃
I didn’t know there was state forums—I definitely need to look for that one.

Thanks—good advice
I just noticed that I checked the wrong forum box! I meant to post in the rehoming forum 🙃
I didn’t know there was state forums—I definitely need to look for that one.
It's under the "Social" Forums section - then under "Where am I, Where Are You?"
I'm in Maryland, but I watch the sorrounding states, too, because I'm so close to three
others. I've found a lot of resources from all of them and we can compare notes becasue we share the same weather systems. Besides, it's FUN to "meet" local chicken tenders!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/new-mexico.18195/

Back
Top Bottom