Salmon Faverolle

They are super sweet birds. They are so docile and meek that other birds beat them up. If i got them again I'd make a place only for them. My 12 year old son still talks about his beloved Faverolles. (The other chickens killed the 2 we had.) They do go broody a lot too.

My absolute favourite!! They are calm and docile and love to follow you about, I have had quite a few different breeds but have now decided to stick to faverolles only. They are lovely birds to have 😊

Attachments

• B6535CAB-26B7-43A3-AD78-68108C004196.jpeg
    B6535CAB-26B7-43A3-AD78-68108C004196.jpeg
    634.6 KB · Views: 27
They are super sweet birds. They are so docile and meek that other birds beat them up. If i got them again I'd make a place only for them. My 12 year old son still talks about his beloved Faverolles. (The other chickens killed the 2 we had.) They do go broody a lot too.
Thank you. I am getting just three chickens and trying to decide what to get. I will need cold hardy birds. I would like docile birds.

I have very close neighbours , my cockerel can be loud ( I have good neighbours 😂) but the hens I personally don’t think are any louder than any other hens.
Thank you. I have wonderful neighbors, also. I have asked my neighbors if they would mind if we had three hens. All said that the would be fine. We have had three hens in the passed. I have ordered my three Salmon Faverolles from our local Cal Ranch store.

We loved our favorelle, who sadly fell prey to a coyote. I called her the introvert. She never hung with the gang, but always back a bit. We also love our Dominique, b/w bars, who knocks on our back door each morning to be let in, hops up on the counter and lays us an egg in the box there. Quite docile both breeds.

I saw someone mention they are super loud. We live in a subdivision, would neighbors think them loud.
Mine is loud for sure, loudest of all my birds. Very docile but an active chatterbox. But I do encourage her to talk to me so that's probably part of it. She quiets down a lot when I'm not outside.

Mine is loud for sure, loudest of all my birds. Very docile but an active chatterbox. But I do encourage her to talk to me so that's probably part of it. She quiets down a lot when I'm not outside.
Thank you. I love chatterbox chickens. I like to interact with them. They think they have something important to say.

Back
Top Bottom