Salmon Faverolle

My absolute favourite!! They are calm and docile and love to follow you about, I have had quite a few different breeds but have now decided to stick to faverolles only. They are lovely birds to have 😊

Attachments

• B6535CAB-26B7-43A3-AD78-68108C004196.jpeg
    B6535CAB-26B7-43A3-AD78-68108C004196.jpeg
    634.6 KB · Views: 27
We loved our favorelle, who sadly fell prey to a coyote. I called her the introvert. She never hung with the gang, but always back a bit. We also love our Dominique, b/w bars, who knocks on our back door each morning to be let in, hops up on the counter and lays us an egg in the box there. Quite docile both breeds.

My faverolle was my favorite girl! She was so sweet and talkative and let me hold her all the time. However, she was very slow, and would lose the other chickens and start squawking when they were ten feet away from her. She was on her own a lot and seemed in her own world. She was very curious too. Unfortunately, she was killed by my dog (my dog is in a separate area from the chickens, the chickens can reach her but she can't reach the chickens). It seems like she just didn't realize danger existed. I would definitely recommend getting more than one so they can keep each other company since the other chickens would leave her and salmon faverolles are at the bottom of the totem pole.

Attachments

• IMG_1966.JPG
    IMG_1966.JPG
    603.9 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1946.JPG
    IMG_1946.JPG
    723.7 KB · Views: 10
I saw someone mention they are super loud. We live in a subdivision, would neighbors think them loud.
Mine is loud for sure, loudest of all my birds. Very docile but an active chatterbox. But I do encourage her to talk to me so that's probably part of it. She quiets down a lot when I'm not outside.

Mine is loud for sure, loudest of all my birds. Very docile but an active chatterbox. But I do encourage her to talk to me so that's probably part of it. She quiets down a lot when I'm not outside.
Thank you. I love chatterbox chickens. I like to interact with them. They think they have something important to say.

My faverolle, Mochi, was by far my favorite chicken. She's the only one I ever had that came up to me and would stare at me until I picked her up and held her with her face smooshed up against my chest. She was so sweet. She just disappeared one day, all I can assume is that she got picked off by an aerial predator. Still really sad about it. I definitely recommend them though.
photo_2019-02-07_17-49-56.jpg
photo_2021-03-15_21-01-43.jpg

Love my Faverolles girls!! So sweet, very good with my three year old son, and silly in the best ways😁 I have one that's noisy, but the other one is the quietest of my bunch. My noisy one is really only noisy when she wants out of the run or wants someone out of her nest box, and she's no noisier than my Australorps. They chat to me a lot when I'm with them but not overly loudly. I have a mixed flock of faverolles, Australorps, and Orpingtons. They aren't picked on, but they all grew up together and have a low key pecking order with a very mellow top hen.

We loved our favorelle, who sadly fell prey to a coyote. I called her the introvert. She never hung with the gang, but always back a bit. We also love our Dominique, b/w bars, who knocks on our back door each morning to be let in, hops up on the counter and lays us an egg in the box there. Quite docile both breeds.
Talk about "service with a smile"! We keep cats and dogs inside the house, so the chicken have to stay outside.

My faverolle was my favorite girl! She was so sweet and talkative and let me hold her all the time. However, she was very slow, and would lose the other chickens and start squawking when they were ten feet away from her. She was on her own a lot and seemed in her own world. She was very curious too. Unfortunately, she was killed by my dog (my dog is in a separate area from the chickens, the chickens can reach her but she can't reach the chickens). It seems like she just didn't realize danger existed. I would definitely recommend getting more than one so they can keep each other company since the other chickens would leave her and salmon faverolles are at the bottom of the totem pole.
Sorry to hear she was killed by your dog. Thank you for sharing your story. I am going to get three Salmon Faverolles

Back
Top Bottom