Salmon Favorelle or Cream Legbar

Iluveggers

Crossing the Road
Jun 27, 2021
NYS
I would like to add one or both of these breeds to my flock next year. Can you all add your thoughts about both breeds for me?

I would also like advice about mites & feathered feet as it does make me a bit nervous.

Thanks so much!

I would like to add one or both of these breeds to my flock next year. Can you all add your thoughts about both breeds for me?

I would also like advice about mites & feathered feet as it does make me a bit nervous.

Thanks so much!
Cream legbar in my opinion! This is mine and she has loads more personality than our muff-less salmon faverolle.
1633661530781.png

Her name is Henri. Henri's personality is very sassy and naughty, but is pretty mellow. She does flap a bunch when we pick her up unless we hold her back to ourselves. But all chickens are different. She did have many problems as a chick. She has a bad eye that we don't know if she can see out of and she was "delayed" as a baby(wouldn't go outside by herself). I think all these problems are just our Henri though. She grew out of all her problems now and she has so much personality. She is one of my favorite hens.
Our salmon faverolle has zero muffs or beard(very hatchery quality). She will scream at us sometimes and freak out when we try to pick her up. She definitely does not have very much personality other than naughtiness.
About the mites thing, I have never had mites (and hopefully never will!:fl) so I am not sure. Sorry about the long story of Henrietta! She has just got a good story to tell. Also, she lays beautiful blue eggs either daily or every other day!:) Also cream legbars are just prettier in my opinion.

Cream legbar in my opinion! This is mine and she has loads more personality than our muff-less salmon faverolle. View attachment 2859047
Her name is Henri. Henri's personality is very sassy and naughty, but is pretty mellow. She does flap a bunch when we pick her up unless we hold her back to ourselves. But all chickens are different. She did have many problems as a chick. She has a bad eye that we don't know if she can see out of and she was "delayed" as a baby(wouldn't go outside by herself). I think all these problems are just our Henri though. She grew out of all her problems now and she has so much personality. She is one of my favorite hens.
Our salmon faverolle has zero muffs or beard(very hatchery quality). She will scream at us sometimes and freak out when we try to pick her up. She definitely does not have very much personality other than naughtiness.
About the mites thing, I have never had mites (and hopefully never will!:fl) so I am not sure. Sorry about the long story of Henrietta! She has just got a good story to tell. Also, she lays beautiful blue eggs either daily or every other day!:) Also cream legbars are just prettier in my opinion.
Is your CLB from the hatchery also?

I think we will lean towards the dumb meter for now, 😆
Yeah. 🤣 Henri is a pretty smart hen out of our flock! She might actually be one of the smartest.🤔 My white faced black spanish pullet is the smartest though cause she would fly up to the shelf that the mealworm bag is on and scratch it open and eat a bunch of mealworms.🙄

Back
Top Bottom