Salmon favorelle pullet or roo?

karint

Songster
May 24, 2019
Is this pretty salmon favorelle a pullet or too? 2.5 months. Buying from a breeder and she said hen and I’m pretty sure she knows her breeds but color seems not right for a hen so I’m confused.

Attachments

• 377E223D-66E5-4A9F-BDB3-7BA262C7D35B.png
    377E223D-66E5-4A9F-BDB3-7BA262C7D35B.png
    4.3 MB · Views: 82
I’d pass in part bc only males should have black…but in my experience, the comb and wattles would be obvious too (on a male) but can’t see anything here. But, if it were female, it has terrible coloring, so not s good SF from a breeder. Either way, I’d pass

She’s a pullet, but that’s not good coloring at all for a salmon faverolles. She also doesn’t have the beard which would be very obvious at this age if she were to have one! She’s a cute chicken but not a Faverolles, so if that’s what you are looking for then I’d pass!
This is my 2 month old hatchery faverolles and she already has a big beard! Less well bred faverolles like my hatchery girl have black spots, but definitely not that much black and patchiness in the brown! A show quality one would have zero black spots and dark coloring on the cream feathers.
B079CEC2-1213-4221-B8B1-10BBD3C4A518.jpeg

She’s a pullet, but that’s not good coloring at all for a salmon faverolles. She also doesn’t have the beard which would be very obvious at this age if she were to have one! She’s a cute chicken but not a Faverolles, so if that’s what you are looking for then I’d pass!
This is my 2 month old hatchery faverolles and she already has a big beard! Less well bred faverolles like my hatchery girl have black spots, but definitely not that much black and patchiness in the brown! A show quality one would have zero black spots and dark coloring on the cream feathers.
View attachment 3539231
She’s beautiful. That’s what I want so I’m going to pass on this one.

Back
Top Bottom