Salmon Favorelle pullet?

lea058

In the Brooder
Jul 23, 2022
I purchased her thinking she was a Salmon Favorelle pullet back in March, however now I’m wondering if she is a salmon, and if she is even a she! I am definitely no expert on this however when I see other videos and pictures of a salmon at this age they already have a beard/muff. My son also noticed she has a few iridescent green feathers growing on her tail.

She’s probably about 14 weeks old and at this moment we have no crowing.

So please tell me your thoughts on pullet or cockerel?

Salmon Favorelle or something else? And if something else than what? French wheaten Maran?

I’ve attached pics of when she was little (2wks) and now.

Attachments

• IMG_6935.png
    IMG_6935.png
    4.4 MB · Views: 82
  • IMG_6934.png
    IMG_6934.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 41
  • IMG_6862.png
    IMG_6862.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 58
  • IMG_6873.jpeg
    IMG_6873.jpeg
    797.1 KB · Views: 59
I purchased her thinking she was a Salmon Favorelle pullet back in March, however now I’m wondering if she is a salmon, and if she is even a she! I am definitely

If he has fins and scales, Id say there is a good chance you've got a salmon. :D

This is certainly a cockerel, but a beautiful bird and very interesting! The feathers on the feet are white? Anyone have any insight on that??

If he has fins and scales, Id say there is a good chance you've got a salmon. :D

This is certainly a cockerel, but a beautiful bird and very interesting! The feathers on the feet are white? Anyone have any insight on that??
White feathers and extra red leakage are common in wheaten cockerels. The white feathers will disappear with age.

Back
Top Bottom