Salmon Favorelle X Easter Egger

Sep 13, 2019
Pennsylvania
Does this mix make an easter egger? I don't want to hatch anything that isn't considered a breed even though easter eggers aren't a breed at all. The mix will actually be a frizzle easter egger and a salmon, if the frizzle makes a difference? Would these be "called" frizzle easter eggers, or just barnyard mixes? Thanks!

The mix would be considered a faverolles x EE cross. If they lay blue or green eggs you could call them Easter eggers, and if they’re frizzled and lay colored eggs you could call them frizzled Easter eggers.

The mix would be considered a faverolles x EE cross. If they lay blue or green eggs you could call them Easter eggers, and if they’re frizzled and lay colored eggs you could call them frizzled Easter eggers.
I wouldn't know until they grew up and laid eggs then? Maybe not worth hatching! My frizzle lays the prettiest blue egg with a tiny hint of green. I thought it would be fun to hatch just 6 - 10 or so to give away, but I like to have one of every breed at my house and that would be a bummer to be stuck with all the same breed because no one wants barnyard mixes. I think I read somewhere that 20% of "easter eggers" don't lay blue or green eggs... maybe because they are mixed with salmons! 😂

I wouldn't know until they grew up and laid eggs then? Maybe not worth hatching! My frizzle lays the prettiest blue egg with a tiny hint of green. I thought it would be fun to hatch just 6 - 10 or so to give away, but I like to have one of every breed at my house and that would be a bummer to be stuck with all the same breed because no one wants barnyard mixes. I think I read somewhere that 20% of "easter eggers" don't lay blue or green eggs... maybe because they are mixed with salmons! 😂
Depends on whether your EE is homozygous or heterozygous for the blue egg shell gene. If she is homozygous, all the offspring would lay blue or green, and if heterozygous, half of them would.

Depends on whether your EE is homozygous or heterozygous for the blue egg shell gene. If she is homozygous, all the offspring would lay blue or green, and if heterozygous, half of them would.
Interesting. 50% chance of frizzle and 50% chance of blue or green eggs. Fun surprise I’m thinking. 😂 I got my Frizzle from Meyer and their site says they are a hybrid and will not breed true. Does that mean I could end up with something that doesn't even resemble a puffy faced eater egger?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom