SALT water... is this safe to use for ducks?

1234duck

Songster
9 Years
Jan 6, 2011
Upper Lake, California
We are getting ready to drain our family swimming pool since summer is over and i wanted to know if it was safe to use this water for my ducks swimming pools? The duck pools are kinda big (holds approx. 35gal water). ~ The water in question is Salt water. It is some type of salt that is added to the Regular water in our swimming pool so there was no need for chlorine or other chemicals to still maintain a clean and algee free pool. I figured since the water had been great for humans to swim in and the water is still clean, it should be fine for my male, adult ducks to swim in? YES..?. or NO..? Might even help the ducks pools to stay a little cleaner?

We are getting ready to drain our family swimming pool since summer is over and i wanted to know if it was safe to use this water for my ducks swimming pools? The duck pools are kinda big (holds approx. 35gal water). ~ The water in question is Salt water. It is some type of salt that is added to the Regular water in our swimming pool so there was no need for chlorine or other chemicals to still maintain a clean and algee free pool. I figured since the water had been great for humans to swim in and the water is still clean, it should be fine for my male, adult ducks to swim in? YES..?. or NO..? Might even help the ducks pools to stay a little cleaner?
I don't have ducks, but my guess is NO,

Its my understanding that the ducks swallow a goo amount of the water they swim in. That would way throw of the electrolyte balance of any living creature, I would imagine...
hu.gif

Nice thinking about conserving though!
highfive.gif

might result in death!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom