Saltbox Chicken Coop

ABCoop

Hatching
9 Years
May 20, 2010
Thanks to my dad and a few of his handy employees, this is our finished chicken coop. I looked at tons of pictures on here before we drew up our plans and we added our own touches, like the next boxes that open from the feed room. I live in norhtern Iowa, where it can pretty cold in the winter, and I felt the saltbox shape would help maximize the southern exposure when it gets cold. I definitely need to re-do my roost before winter as well as find a way to weather proof the pop door a little better. Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks for looking!

58118_img_1111.jpg

58118_img_1118.jpg

58118_img_1114.jpg

58118_img_1115.jpg

58118_img_1108.jpg

58118_img_1110.jpg

Last edited:
Look great! My hubby and I are in the process of planning our new coop. Can't wait till it actually goes from the planning stage to the building stage.

Pretty cool fabricating.
woot.gif

Those nest boxes look taller than 12" (maybe 18" on the front opening) or they are less than 12" wide.
idunno.gif

Your set up is great, looks very nice. I see you put a top on your run too, we had to with all the hawks we have. We used a doggy door for our pop door so we can close it whenever they are inside. I did see you have an outlet by the roost, they can't reach it can they? They peck and eat everything, wouldn't want them hurt!
I love how you have a coop side and room for your supplies!
GREAT JOB!
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom