Salted duck eggs?

Do keep us posted on your experiments.

Will do! Currently though they are just sitting there in the brine getting stirred every few days. I guess this process takes about a month from what they say. I haven't started the Cured duck egg yolks yet but plan to soon.

Been working on duck egg meringue cookies. I added Earl Grey tea and a little bit of finely chopped walnuts to the last batch and they are long gone. Didn't last a day they were so good. The tea gave them a very sophisticated flavor. I plan on making them again to perfect the recipe then posting it over in the recipe section.

Will do! Currently though they are just sitting there in the brine getting stirred every few days. I guess this process takes about a month from what they say. I haven't started the Cured duck egg yolks yet but plan to soon.

Been working on duck egg meringue cookies. I added Earl Grey tea and a little bit of finely chopped walnuts to the last batch and they are long gone. Didn't last a day they were so good. The tea gave them a very sophisticated flavor. I plan on making them again to perfect the recipe then posting it over in the recipe section.

Please post a link when you do so!

As far as the Salted duck eggs go I am using the recipe on my first post. Currently they are still sitting in the jar soaking in the brine. I will post when I finally get to try eating one.

If your interested in the duck egg Earl Grey Meringues I will be posting the recipe in the next few days. I have made them again but would like to make them one more time before posting the recipe for them. So far the recipe is really working well but I like to make sure. I will post the link for them here when I have them posted.

You are getting the whites of duck eggs to whip up?

I haven't ever tried it because I've heard from several people that they are hard to whip.

On the other hand, everyone says they are hard to peel , but my batch of hard boiled duck eggs didn't peel any different than chicken eggs and, wow, was that rich yolk good in a potato salad.

Back
Top Bottom