Same dog attacked my chickens AGAIN

Buff H, I have to agree with you. We all should spend the 2 to3 thousand dollars and built a complete predator proof range for the birds. After all, they are on her place, doing what chickens do on her place, then animals outside of her property come onto her acreage after her birds. We all need to spend whatever it takes to keep the neighbor dogs, not at home, but off our place.

Makes sense to me. I think. Sorta like governments explaination of the debt problem this country's has.

I agree with you.

Quote:
henryhoe, glad you're working it out.

The above quote I have a problem with, however, and it's a repeat of the same stuff we see written here all the time, so I'm not picking on Angela personally. I have a perimeter fence on part of my 5 acres and within that fence, I free range my flocks on a rotating basis. I've had dogs get into that fence and had to hustle to make sure they didn't get to the birds. One dog climbed over the fence, pulling it off the tree it was attached to with his weight and sometimes, they come down the driveway when we must leave the gate open for an expected delivery.

I frankly don't care what humans the dog has in his life--I am the human in my chickens' lives and they are as much pets as any dog I've ever had so it would hurt me very much to see them torn apart on their own property by someone else's roaming pet who should, by our county law, be contained on its owner's property.

This is really, really simple:

Dog off owner's property (against the law)
Chickens on my property (where they belong)
Dog harasses/attacks my pets on my property
Chickens' owner makes sure dog doesn't do it again since dog's owner apparently cannot.

As far as starting a feud with the neighbors if I hurt their dog, what about them starting a feud with me by allowing their dog to come onto my property and kill my pets? That is the catalyst for the feud, not me defending my pets and taking care of business. So, if there is a feud, it is the neighbor with the dog who has fired the first figurative shot, not I.

Quote:
Agreed. If it's not going to be a "pet"...just another chained lonely dog...they don't deserve to have it anyway.
hmm.png

Quote:
henryhoe, glad you're working it out.

The above quote I have a problem with, however, and it's a repeat of the same stuff we see written here all the time, so I'm not picking on Angela personally. I have a perimeter fence on part of my 5 acres and within that fence, I free range my flocks on a rotating basis. I've had dogs get into that fence and had to hustle to make sure they didn't get to the birds. One dog climbed over the fence, pulling it off the tree it was attached to with his weight and sometimes, they come down the driveway when we must leave the gate open for an expected delivery.

I frankly don't care what humans the dog has in his life--I am the human in my chickens' lives and they are as much pets as any dog I've ever had so it would hurt me very much to see them torn apart on their own property by someone else's roaming pet who should, by our county law, be contained on its owner's property.

This is really, really simple:

Dog off owner's property (against the law)
Chickens on my property (where they belong)
Dog harasses/attacks my pets on my property
Chickens' owner makes sure dog doesn't do it again since dog's owner apparently cannot.

As far as starting a feud with the neighbors if I hurt their dog, what about them starting a feud with me by allowing their dog to come onto my property and kill my pets? That is the catalyst for the feud, not me defending my pets and taking care of business. So, if there is a feud, it is the neighbor with the dog who has fired the first figurative shot, not I.

clap.gif
I agree with you

Back
Top Bottom