Samurai Chicken here - saying hello and thank you

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by samurai chicken, Sep 29, 2014.

1. samurai chicken

samurai chicken Out Of The Brooder

Sep 29, 2014
    My hubby and I live in Los Angeles - where we are allowed to raise our chickens, as long as we mind the rules about distances from our neighbor's houses. Our little flock numbers six hens - Two California Greys, Two Rhode Island Reds, An Easter Egger, and a Light Brahma. As of today, 4 of them are laying their first eggs. The RIR's lay brown eggs, the EE lays a blue, and today we got our first PINK egg from our Brahma.

Why "Samurai Chicken"? My hubby and I actually own and operate a martial arts school in Studio City, and he is the head Sensei - teaching the ancient Samurai and Ninja arts. We stumbled into this lovely world in May, on a lark... and credit our sanity and mental health today to these amazing hens. They have won our hearts, and Chadwick, my husband, has devoted an inordinate amount of time and energy creating a magical and pampered world for them. Spoiled Rotten Poultry. Anyone who doesn't love chickens, simply doesn't know enough about them. Thank you for welcoming us to your group. We have been gleaning very important information from your posts, and look forward to sharing in kind. [​IMG]

2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to Backyard Chickens, you chicks are so darn cute - especially the gray.

3. samurai chicken

Sep 29, 2014
    Why thank you!

4. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    [​IMG]

Glad you joined us. These two in pic look like they are in the first grade at your martial arts school….first they bow, pose and then watch out for the Kungfu chicks! They could become famous.[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. samurai chicken

Sep 29, 2014
    Thank you so much! Glad to be here. You're right. They do look like little warriors -

6. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA

Make sure you get lots of photos…you could make poster art for your studio?

7. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Congratulations on your first eggs! Welcome to the flock! Your hubby will love the antics of KungFu chickens!

8. samurai chicken

Sep 29, 2014
    Poster art...that's a great idea!

Thank you to the Chicken Whisperer... Now where do I find those KungFu chickens?!

9. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! Congratulations on those first eggs! Cute chicks!

10. Rosecomb Lover

Rosecomb Lover Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2014
    Canada
    My Coop
    [​IMG] Glad you joined us! Those chicks look really CUTE! Best of luck with your flock![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by