San Diego Chicken meetup and Chat thread

I had a chance to visit her just before Thanksgiving. She still has them.

Thanks everyone for the info. I'm not sure I am up for hatching eggs. I don't have an incubator or broody hen. Hopefully someday I'll have the chance to own a basque.

Thanks everyone for the info. I'm not sure I am up for hatching eggs. I don't have an incubator or broody hen. Hopefully someday I'll have the chance to own a basque.
Where are you located? I'd be happy to hatch eggs for you!
jumpy.gif

Happy New Year everybody
ya.gif

I'm trying to figure out how to cut my flock numbers....Not easy when it's mostly roos
barnie.gif

We have been trying to grow our flock of Seramas. It's happening slowly....They are not easy to hatch and of course the higher percentage that makes it are boys! We do have some very lovely boys to sell! I want to keep them all because they are all so pretty and different colors, but getting too many that are related and not enough unrelated hens to put with them.

I have decided to part with a pair of Silver pheasants and a pair of Golden pheasants. TThe silvers will be three years old this spring and the goldens will be two. Very nice birds.

We have a beautiful Sultan roo that we could trade for a Polish rooster.... I almost hate to do this because Polish roos are jerks as far as I've experienced and the Sultan is sweet! We have only Polish hens, no Sultan hens...
hmm.png

And....of course, I have Silkie roosters in every corner and crevice! Please, somebody take a few!
bow.gif

Thanks!
Cindy

Happy New Year everybody
ya.gif

I'm trying to figure out how to cut my flock numbers....Not easy when it's mostly roos
barnie.gif

We have been trying to grow our flock of Seramas. It's happening slowly....They are not easy to hatch and of course the higher percentage that makes it are boys! We do have some very lovely boys to sell! I want to keep them all because they are all so pretty and different colors, but getting too many that are related and not enough unrelated hens to put with them.

I have decided to part with a pair of Silver pheasants and a pair of Golden pheasants. TThe silvers will be three years old this spring and the goldens will be two. Very nice birds.

We have a beautiful Sultan roo that we could trade for a Polish rooster.... I almost hate to do this because Polish roos are jerks as far as I've experienced and the Sultan is sweet! We have only Polish hens, no Sultan hens...
hmm.png

And....of course, I have Silkie roosters in every corner and crevice! Please, somebody take a few!
bow.gif

Thanks!
Cindy
seems like you have a lot of good ingredients for chicken soup.

Brooder box on wheels. Top and floor lifts out for easy cleaning. 47" wide x 38" deep x 37" tall. Floor of the brooder box is 14' from the top so no more bending down to care for your chicks. Includes heat lamp. Slats, in both directions, are removable. There is linoleum over the top of the wood that is also removable. $150. I could probably deliver it in San Diego county if there are a couple of people at the receiving end to help unload it.

I also have a squirrel trap for sale, asking $25.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom