San Diego Chicken meetup and Chat thread

I'm so happy to find a San Diego thread! Can anyone help me find out where I can get some Basque chicks? I've gotto have some
1f60a.png

Last edited:
I just posted on our facebook group, I'll let you know what I hear & put you in touch
Trish
www.thehappyhealthychicken.com

I just realized that the woman you suggested (with Anderson chickens) is who I got all of my chicks from over the summer. She has moved recently and is now almost 2 hours away from north county San Diego. Looks like I'll need another resource for the more rare and obscure breeds
1f629.png

I hatched some basques and gave them to a bycer in north county

they grew up to become mean birds and then chicken soup

Oh I! Anyone else have the same experience with this breed? How about Buff Laced Brahmas? Thats another breed I'd love to have.

Oh I! Anyone else have the same experience with this breed? How about Buff Laced Brahmas? Thats another breed I'd love to have.

The Basque is my favorite breed. I find them to be extremely social, and the roosters are gentle. The hens lay beautiful big brown eggs. They are also supposed to be tasty, but I can't confirm this quality as I haven't had the opportunity to try their meat. They are a beautiful breed. I hatched my chicks with eggs from Juststrutin in northern CA.

Back
Top Bottom