San Diego Chicken meetup and Chat thread

Maybe I'll come up Sunday afternoon/early evening? I'd love to meet your Morgans if you have time...

I just saw this in my Google Reader stream, and it cracked me up. I swear I get this same look from a few of my Barred Rocks!

funny-pictures-if-you-shot-eggs-outta-your-butt-youd-look-grumpy-too.jpg

Is anybody interested in a bird cage? I'm cleaning things out of my side yard, and I am not using this one anymore. I might still have the cups that go in, and possible one perch, I"ll have to look. PM me, if you are interested.

69423_09_02_001.jpg

Edit:Spoken for, thanks.

Last edited:
Cari, just wanted to brag a bit.
We processed our first chickens yesterday.
They turned out so nice.
thank you for empowering the family to do this.
Now I wont be afraid to hatch out roosters.

We bought some of those shrink wrap bags and they look so cool all shrinked up

Thank you again cari for the great job at teaching us.
renee

Aww thanks Renee! So glad you guys were able to learn how to do it and are not afraid!

I have found that with a smaller family it is better to quarter the chickens, but if you have a big family to cook them whole like a turkey.

Don't forget to rest them in the fridge for a few days before you freeze or eat them!

I also use the Seal-a-Meal to wrap them, they DO look cool and will last a long time in the freezer that way.
smile.png

hugs.gif

I have a trio of Marans! Two black marans pullets (ready to start laying in the next few weeks) and a blue splash marans rooster! They are french standard with good feathering on the legs and are form show quality stock from texas. The will produce 100% blue marans chicks and would be an awesome project for a 4Her!!!! Anyone know anybody looking?? They are beautiful! Also have two blue marans roos (peachick stock) - gorgeous!!!!
Emily
luvingbluechickens
[email protected]

Back
Top Bottom