San Diego Chicken meetup and Chat thread

hey san diegians
we are looking for 20 or so railroad ties.if you know of a place that dont charge $20 each please let me know.
even if it is a few to start with to gert the project rolling/
hubby is wanting to use them for fence posts.
thanks

Quote:
Have you tried Ransom Bros.? Every once in a while they get them in and charge less than $20 if I remember. Also I think that Economizers gets them in but I don't know what they charge. Very rarely you can get them free on CL - I've had a little success doing that - and there's also a guy that was advertising them occasionally on CL for $9 / each.
Good luck -

Kahoots didn't have non-medicated organic starter? I swear I'd bought some there before!

I think Elston's had RR ties for $12 in the past, but I don't know now. My parents had half a million of those things lying around their yard for years, but don't any longer.
sad.png

Rain, rain... go away.

Quote:
It's an excellent deal on the panels. Normally you'd get a rickety 6 footer for that price. I just haven't figured out exactly what I'm doing so I don't want to purchase a bunch of stuff that I may not end up using. I like the panels because they're not permanent...easy up, easy down.

Does anyone know where to buy non medicated chick starter in Ramona? I checked Kahoots, Big "D" and Catt Ranch & Supply.

I get my medicated chick starter at Livery - it's Purina Start & Grow. I think they have non-medicated as well and it's Purina Starter.

Quote:
It's an excellent deal on the panels. Normally you'd get a rickety 6 footer for that price. I just haven't figured out exactly what I'm doing so I don't want to purchase a bunch of stuff that I may not end up using. I like the panels because they're not permanent...easy up, easy down.

Does anyone know where to buy non medicated chick starter in Ramona? I checked Kahoots, Big "D" and Catt Ranch & Supply.

I get my medicated chick starter at Livery - it's Purina Start & Grow. I think they have non-medicated as well and it's Purina Starter.

Thanks! I'll check with them tomorrow.
smile.png

Quote:
No. They haven't carried it as long as I've had chickens...which granted, isn't a long time, but at least 2 years.

I'm ok with the rain as long as it's coming straight down, not sideways. I got a great tarp for the side of my run. Put it up today. It's clear so plenty of light can still come in.
cool.png

Hi ya'll!! Just wanted to update, that our OC Fall Serama show went really well today. I got to see Tammy ( tigerrrrrrlillly)who looks fabulous for an expectant mom!! Our daughters had so much fun seeing each other again, and Wendy (Czechchick) I probably got that BYC name wrong...
hide.gif
who was a tremendous help today in so many ways!!

Some of our San Diego folks did really well at the show today...

Jacob (Hatchingfever) got several Jr awards, my daughter Jessica got some Jr. awards as well for her cockerel, Cara Hamer had an award for her pullet, and there were several other Jr. and Open entries from San Diego that got quality awards today too.

The competition was pretty tough this time, but our San Diego group did really well!!! My husband even showed his rooster, who made it to the finals in his class which was completely unexpected. I didn't show any of my own birds, I was too busy behind the scenes, but I did get to help out showing some really great birds on behalf of other exhibitors in the open show.

Overall, it was a great day! I can't wait for my brain to relax, and actually remember it all.....LOL.

Back
Top Bottom