San Diego Chicken meetup and Chat thread

Hmm, I'm going to cover three topics in one post!

Now I want cream legbars! Ergh, like I need any more chicken breeds! I like heritage breeds, good layers and foragers! It sounds like they fit the bill!

To sell your eggs you go to the California Site (www.cdfa.ca.govAHFSS HomeMPES BRANCH) and get your egg handlers licence.

Has anyone found a good local place to buy seeds for sprouting?

Lisa
www.cityfarmersnursery.com/

Bill is the best of the best. Just check out there yelp page.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...careful-selling-farm-eggs-they-may-get-you/10
That scares me. even thinking i can't sell eggs, the healtest things in the world

If anyone has something to trade my splash silkies are laying and i have some cute seramas laying also. The incubatoring is sure to be going for the next few months if anyone has some eggs to trade. I'd love some cream legbar or wheatens i could use some more blue egg layers anthing is up for trade to add to the pen.

Last edited:
Has anyone on here made a homemade cabinet incubator? We're looking into making our own.
smile.png
Oz is building one. I am thinking of it.... just buying a few egg turners and put them each on a shelf then using a light bulb as a heat source with a wafer thermostat.... Couple of soda bottles filled with water to retain the heat once its built up.

I was thinking of using that foil covered foam insulation they use for insulating thin spaces. Its easy to cut eithe with hot wire or hack saw. Hot wire is cleaner. Then lining a cabinet of some sort like an old sink base or something like that.

There are a bunch of build threads I am certain....

deb

Does anyone have any of the following fertile eggs they are selling?

Wyandotte, Rhodebar, or Sussex

PM with your price - or I can trade for legbars

the eggs that frank reese said he shipped by mistake did not make it yet.Those 48 heritage eggs are somewhere else expiring.

HOWEVER, I will begin hatching heritage lines for sale by mid April as straight run day old chicks

Reese Jersey Giants and Barred Rocks
horston single comb RIR and silver penciled rocks
perry wells australorps

the eggs that frank reese said he shipped by mistake did not make it yet.Those 48 heritage eggs are somewhere else expiring. HOWEVER, I will begin hatching heritage lines for sale by mid April as straight run day old chicks Reese Jersey Giants and Barred Rocks horston single comb RIR and silver penciled rocks perry wells australorps
Wow! Sorry to hear about the egg shipment! :( I will keep in mind that you have those breeds available mid April, we often have people asking us for breeds we dont have, or run out of. Tx Ps; we have alot of folks asking us for 2-4 mo old hens and 5-8mo laying hens, if anyone has some they would like to sell please PM me. We would rather our little BYC family benefit. :) Need hens asap: 2-4 mo SFHs x3-4 In 2 wks need 3-4mo hens x4: RIR, BAR ROCK, colored (bl or green) egg layers x2 Make it a great day! Jules

I have not had the chance to catch up. I know I am up to my eyeballs with chicks so I know I am not well. I need some intervention. HA! I am wanting Basquehens. Anyone have any? Eggs or chicks. Does not matter. I got some from Greenfire and I am in LOVE.
love.gif
I take the girls on walks with me. They are Laptop models. Just up my alley. Please PM if you got some or know of anyone.

Thanks,

Nancy

Back
Top Bottom