San Diego Chicken meetup and Chat thread

My husband finally agreed to let me get quail : ) although I am not sure how serious he is, I was wondering if anyone here is selling Japanese quail/how much? Anyone have silkie chicks/how much?

just for information.... If you go to Google Maps and zoom in to the San Diego area showing the border and as far north as Encinitas then do a key word search in the box just using the words Feed Store.

this is what you get: every little red dot is either a feed store or a pet store where you can buy feed. HOver over a dot and it will give you more info....

deb

Dave's Feed in Lemon Grove closed due to Dave getting old. He had a solo business, not associated with East County Feed. When I was a kid my mom would go to Dave's. When she saw animals being kept in cages without water she'd grab the hose and start watering them. At first it ****** Dave off....LOL...then I think he just gave in. When he married his wife she made sure things were taken care of. If they got in a blind chick or one that was being picked on she'd give it to my mom. That's where my mom got all her chickens. She still has a rooster from there. He's ancient now. Must be 12 yrs. old or more.

Just reminiscing. We all get our animals craziness somewhere. I got it from my mom.

Dave's Feed in Lemon Grove closed due to Dave getting old. He had a solo business, not associated with East County Feed. When I was a kid my mom would go to Dave's. When she saw animals being kept in cages without water she'd grab the hose and start watering them. At first it ****** Dave off....LOL...then I think he just gave in. When he married his wife she made sure things were taken care of. If they got in a blind chick or one that was being picked on she'd give it to my mom. That's where my mom got all her chickens. She still has a rooster from there. He's ancient now. Must be 12 yrs. old or more.

Just reminiscing. We all get our animals craziness somewhere. I got it from my mom.

I remember his wife... and No I wasnt saying East County feed was the same as Daves... but a feed store in Lemon grove would be closer to @artblueggwanter because he lives in San Diego.. I was in Dave's when he had Chickens and doves and I believe finches and parakeets in indoor aviaries.

I bought my first English saddle at a tack store I believe was on University .... Back in the early seventies... Then later they had a dressage saddle I wanted and i was able to put it on lay away... one of the last Steubben Tristan Dressage saddles made in Ireland.

Back then there was a store called UPCO.... United Pharmaceutical Company... Up in that area... they were the only place in town you could get vaccinations for your animals... The world of animal supplies has changed sooooo much in the past 40 years. Back then the gal that taught me horse care would give vaccinations with a non disposable Syringe... She boiled it for sterilization... but between shots she would simply tip the needle into Alcohol.... I shudder now to think how lucky our horses were...

deb

Back
Top Bottom