San Diego Chicken meetup and Chat thread

Woul
I was so excited to learn about her but unfortunately she does not sell chicks. I'm considering letting my hen sit on fertilized eggs from her instead. Not sure if I'm ready for that yet! (It would be me worrying for 3 weeks straight
1f602.png
)

I do sell chicks to order, but they are straight run.

No minimum order, but if you are the only one ordering at the time, I will only set the maximum amount that you want so that I won't have extras. I allow pick up or I'll meet you part way. I think your concern was ending up with some boys. No way around that if you want chicks or eggs. If you can't chance it, you'll have to find someone who will sell older pullets to you.

No minimum order, but if you are the only one ordering at the time, I will only set the maximum amount that you want so that I won't have extras. I allow pick up or I'll meet you part way. I think your concern was ending up with some boys. No way around that if you want chicks or eggs. If you can't chance it, you'll have to find someone who will sell older pullets to you.

Thank you for that information! My hubby and I are having a hard time narrowing down which of your breeds we want. I really want at least 1 D'uccle he wants serama and silkie. We have a standard silkie and 2 frizzle Cochin now. We love the Cochin personality and want personality to be a big factor is our next chickens. Any advice? Will you be having the bantam Easter eggers next year? Sorry for all the questions!

Last edited:
Thank you for that information! My hubby and I are having a hard time narrowing down which of your breeds we want. I really want at least 1 D'uccle he wants serama and silkie. We have a standard silkie and 2 frizzle Cochin now. We love the Cochin personality and want personality to be a big factor is our next chickens. Any advice? Will you be having the bantam Easter eggers next year? Sorry for all the questions!
That's a tough question for me! I have almost 300 chickens. When I think of who my favorites are, and then narrow it down to the top three, I choose my Serama roo, "Joe", a cross beaked d'Uccle, "Eddie" and a silkie hen, "Kitty".
I really can't decide which breed I like best. I think after all these years, the breeds that have stayed with me are the ones that had the strongest and sweetest personalities. Some of the d'Uccle roos get a bit fiesty, but Eddie and a few others I have are down right cuddly. All the d'Uccle hens are sweet and adorable. And of course those fluffy cheeks!
The Seramas have huge character for such little guys. Joe comes running to e when I get home. He likes to fly up and land on people's heads. He wins well at table top shows partly because of his amazing personality. My silkie hen, "Kitty", follows us around like a cat and likes to be picked up and held. And of course they are such gentle, broody mamas. I have only had a couple silkie roosters that were aggressive.
The bantam EEs are a bit more hyper, but there's those fluffy cheeks and fun blue eggs!

I have eggs from the bantam EEs almost year around, they are my best layers.

I am not a great business person, so my flocks are really based on how well I like their personalities as opposed to large egg output or any other of the sensible chicken traits! We do show, so keep the best in breeder pens and sometimes the "culls" become our yard pets. I don't kill any of them.

That's a tough question for me! I have almost 300 chickens. When I think of who my favorites are, and then narrow it down to the top three, I choose my Serama roo, "Joe", a cross beaked d'Uccle, "Eddie" and a silkie hen, "Kitty".
I really can't decide which breed I like best. I think after all these years, the breeds that have stayed with me are the ones that had the strongest and sweetest personalities. Some of the d'Uccle roos get a bit fiesty, but Eddie and a few others I have are down right cuddly. All the d'Uccle hens are sweet and adorable.  And of course those fluffy cheeks!
The Seramas have huge character for such little guys. Joe comes running to e when I get home. He likes to fly up and land on people's heads. He wins well at table top shows partly because of his amazing personality. My silkie hen, "Kitty", follows us around like a cat and likes to be picked up and held. And of course they are such gentle, broody mamas. I have only had a couple silkie roosters that were aggressive.
The bantam EEs are a bit more hyper, but there's those fluffy cheeks and fun blue eggs!

I have eggs from the bantam EEs almost year around, they are my best layers.

I am not a great business person, so my flocks are really based on how well I like their personalities as opposed to large egg output or any other of the sensible chicken traits! We do show, so keep the best in breeder pens and sometimes the "culls" become our yard pets. I don't kill any of them.

Thank you for your well thought out and sweet answer!
2764.png
Sounds like we couldn't go wrong with any of your breeds! Should I pm you when our hen we have picked out to foster is broody? I think i want to try to have her raise chicks (with the understanding its straight run). Thank you again.
1f60a.png

Anyone have any Red laced blue Wyndottes, Australoap, or Buff Orpington Hens (or pullets that are already laying)? If so you must be in San Diego, CA. Please send me pics and prices! Please no birds with mites or scaly legs/ desies...

Thanks!
Silver1Polish
bun.gif
Hi
I have some buff orpington hens that are laying age.
Gail
619 665-3100

Back
Top Bottom