San Diego Chicken meetup and Chat thread

From the meet up questionnaire here are some reasons why we, as a group, keep chickens:
-Eggs
-Relaxing/Peaceful
-Entertainment
-The cackle/ clucking noise
-Companionship
-Hobby
-Hatching
and one "They're Cute!" :jumpy

Great idea Elara! I'm in!
clap.gif

Just got this for those interested:

Healthy Eggs Start Here
Double S Tack and Feed Announces 2012 Chick Days

When: March 7, 2012

Where: Double S Tack & Feed
14335 Olde Highway 80
El Cajon, CA 92021

Double S Tack and Feed is pleased to announce their 2012 Chick Days, a program focused on healthy starts for the many baby animals that herald the coming of spring. Double S Tack and Feed’s 2012 Chick Days will provide poultry raising resources to the El Cajon community beginning March 7. With many people looking for ways to save on food costs and control their food choices, from the farm to the backyard, chicken raising provides a healthy and educational alternative.

Double S Tack and Feed will open their chick season during business hours starting March 7 and continuing throughout the spring season. The chicks will be kept in a special room of the store where customers and children can see and play with the chicks before purchasing.

Throughout the duration of Chick Days, Double S Tack and Feed will offer advice and educational materials. They will also have starter kits on hand, recommendations on proper nutrition and other tips for first-time owners.

Learn more by contacting Rita Gallant at (619) 443-9211 or [email protected]

Woo Hoo this is where I got my Wellies..... who are finally finishing out their brood time at my house.... Yay.

Good for Rita she is Very good people..... Got me in some Mazuri because I wanted to try it.

deb

Just got this for those interested:

Healthy Eggs Start Here
Double S Tack and Feed Announces 2012 Chick Days

When: March 7, 2012

Where: Double S Tack & Feed
14335 Olde Highway 80
El Cajon, CA 92021

Double S Tack and Feed is pleased to announce their 2012 Chick Days, a program focused on healthy starts for the many baby animals that herald the coming of spring. Double S Tack and Feed’s 2012 Chick Days will provide poultry raising resources to the El Cajon community beginning March 7. With many people looking for ways to save on food costs and control their food choices, from the farm to the backyard, chicken raising provides a healthy and educational alternative.

Double S Tack and Feed will open their chick season during business hours starting March 7 and continuing throughout the spring season. The chicks will be kept in a special room of the store where customers and children can see and play with the chicks before purchasing.

Throughout the duration of Chick Days, Double S Tack and Feed will offer advice and educational materials. They will also have starter kits on hand, recommendations on proper nutrition and other tips for first-time owners.

Learn more by contacting Rita Gallant at (619) 443-9211 or [email protected]

Deb, what is " Mazuri"

Mazuri is a Purena product line used by Zoos.

http://storefrontdev.mazuri.com/

I wanted to try it for my Guinea Fowl. Its got micronutrients in there supposedly to mimic natural foraging for captive birds. There is a thread here I was reading. I dont remember which one but if you key in the word Mazuri it will pop up. Its expensive. but you mix it with your regular feed at a rate of 10 to 1 .... ten parts regular feed one part mazuri it acts like a "vitamin supplement"

I bought Game bird Maintenence. I havent had a chance to mix it yet. The game bird can be used for Chickens as well.

deb

Back
Top Bottom