San Diego County, CA R U There?

Hello...

Hawks are a big problem but having roosters help a LOT! They are like little security guards for hawks. Haha. Anyhow, its really gotten hot here now in SD. It was like in the 90s earlier this week and still climbing. For San Diego, thats WARM! Haha. There aren't that many breeze either, so yeah.

How are everyone's chickens doing? Mines are doing great!

: )

- Tommy

Were all good up here in Vista. Got up to around 90 today. Had a little trouble with a neighbor driving over a major H2O pipe to my house yesterday. Had to shut off the tap for a few hours. You never realize how much you depend on that water untill you loose it. My girlies did ok though. I gave them a shower today.
smile.png

Quote:
It must been a big car? I had that happen to me once...not broken pipe but they had to shut off the water to redo all the piping and it was insane! We practically have to rent out for a while because no water is like, more important than no food! Where can you wash your hands every 1-2 hours, know what I mean? Haha

Hope all is good,

- Tommy

yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
San Diegans and Southern Californians: We need signatures! Save our roosters!
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif

The County of San Diego is trying to add a new ordinance to limit the number of roosters a person can own in the rural unincorporated parts of the county. This ordinace ignores the fact that people in these areas are usually zoned for agriculture, and a breaking no laws. For example, I moved to my home in the unicorporated county just so I could legally own poultry and that it would be in an area where most keep oultry and livestock - an agricultural community! There will be little agriculture left if we don't stop this madness!!!!!

But we need help, we need numbers and we really need this petition signed:
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/San-Diego-Rooster-Ordinance/

yippiechickie.gif
frow.gif
yippiechickie.gif
frow.gif
yippiechickie.gif
frow.gif
yippiechickie.gif
frow.gif
yippiechickie.gif
frow.gif
yippiechickie.gif
frow.gif
yippiechickie.gif
frow.gif
yippiechickie.gif
frow.gif
yippiechickie.gif

Thanks for your support! Lets show everyone that you can't push SD Chicken fanciers around! Save the Roosters!!!!

Last edited:
Mrs. AK-Bird-Brain :

Is Dudley's still out in Santa Ysabel? That was always a stop we made when I was younger (1970s) while out on family trips. Their bread was to die for... drool.

Yes, still there. It is a manditory stop at least twice a year on our way to Julian and Camp Stevens. I'm waiting for the whole area to be overrun with wild turkeys. My favorite time there though was two years ago. Can't remember if it was fall or early spring, but the most crazy thing happened. They got snow. Not just a little. But a ton of it. By the time we got to Julian, the owners/managers of nearly every small shop and bed and breakfast were trying very hard to find snow shovels. Never saw so many shiny new ones in my life. In talking with some of the people working in them, many had to spend the night, the roads weren't safe. Had to laugh, one person was shoveling snow away from a doorway and part of the wooden walkway and lifted the shovel to knock snow from the awning...guess what happened? But tell you what, it was absolutely beautiful. Walking the town, looking at the lilacs with the turkey footprints beneath them under houses...oh wait, had to be spring, huh? The stark bright colors of daphodils against the pure white snow. The best part was once getting to Camp Stevens. It changed between sleet and snow, and I was the only person whom has never experienced snow falling before. Gotta tell you, seeing it fall in 3 D simply took my breath away. They had to drag me inside, shivering. Wherever I looked, up, down, out, it was, well, stunning. It was very scary when the fires swept through there. Now many of the places are being forced to close down because they cannot physically comply with the laws to make their facilities user friendly with ramps and wider places.

I am located 15 minutes down from the airport. I miss the magnet school programs. The open spaces before East Lake forced its way in. Speaking of which, did you know they found a new species of whale bones in East Lake? Supposed to dwarf the biggest whale bones currently on record. They are now saying that millions of years ago, that the ocean carved an outlet over to East Lake. It was a protected area where large sea creatures such as these went to give birth.

I love Old Town. And the Tide Pools. Rosecrans with the stark turquoise and rolling greens and white crosses. Star of India. Balboa Park.​

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom