San Diego County??

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by seismic wonder2, Aug 19, 2010.

1. seismic wonder2

seismic wonder2 I got mad ninja skills

Feb 3, 2007
    san diego ca
    Anyone down south in and around San Diego?

2. turkeygirl

turkeygirl Out Of The Brooder

Jul 15, 2010
    san marcos:D where are you?

3. sixxchixx

sixxchixx Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2010
    Escondido, CA
    Escondido
    I have 2 Hens (1 RR and 1 Buff orp)
    and 4 Chicks (Pullets I hope) 3 EE and 1 Barred Rock

I am new to raising chickens and can use all the help i can get, its good to know that there are others so close. [​IMG] [​IMG]

-Tawny

4. macdoogle

macdoogle Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2010
    San Diego
    Down town. Golden Hill. I know there are many of us chicken folk around. But not all know about this site.

5. Rockerchic

Rockerchic Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2010
    I'm in San Diego, on the east side by LaMesa. I've got 1 RIR, 1PBR, AND 1 Production Red, named Bonnie (for Bonnie Raitt). My girls are doing a lot of panting with this heat.They are in a covered run, shaded by a tangerine tree, and I may try putting a fan on them tomorrow. What helps your girls?

6. sixxchixx

sixxchixx Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2010
    Escondido, CA
    if they start showing signs of increased stress from the heat i squirt them down with the hose. thay absolutely hate it but it cools their bodies down really fast. and it stays warm enough throughout the evening to dry them out. mine will pant and stick their wings away from their bodies. if i feel too hot, i cant imagine how hot it is with all those feathers. i read that heat stress can be fatal for them.

if youre not comfortable actually squirting your chickens i also soak the ground with water, they do like to splash around in the mud and i bet it feels good on their hot toes.

7. Sweet Violet

Sweet Violet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 9, 2010
    Vista CA
  8. PriorityD

PriorityD New Egg

Nov 22, 2010
    I need to find four of my silkies a new home. I have two female reds, 1 white and 1 black rooster. They're four months old and very friendly and beautiful. Free to a good home and I can meet you half way.

9. resurreccion858

resurreccion858 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 31, 2010
    san diego
    Quote:free? where are you located? [​IMG]

10. PriorityD

PriorityD New Egg

Nov 22, 2010
    I posted last week that I had two roosters and two hens to go to new home. I found that new home last week and their all doing fine.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by