Sand Hill Preservation

texaschick2014

Hatching
5 Years
Apr 3, 2014
I ordered from Ideal last time but they are out of standard chickens until June so I was considering other options. I found all of the breeds I was looking for at Sand Hill Preservation but I don't think they vaccinate for Marek's disease. Does anybody know if they do? If they don't can I vaccinate the chicks when they arrive myself? Unfortunately we have to have any new chickens that come here vaccinated for Marek's since we had a chicken confirmed through necropsy to have Marek's. =(

They do not vaccinate. They also sell straight run only, in case you didn't know. Some breeds have a maximum per order as well.

They got a very late start to the hatching season. I would call before ordering to see if you can get a status on the breeds you are interested in.

Thanks! I did call them and they confirmed that they should have the breeds I'm looking for next month. I completely forgot to ask about the marek's vaccination though and they seemed so busy I hated to call back. =) Well I guess we will have to vaccinate them ourselves then unfortunately.....

Investigate what is involved with doing your own Mareks vaccinations. I bet it's more cost for a small group than you would expect. Maybe not, but find out what you are in for before you place an order for unvaccinated chicks.

Investigate what is involved with doing your own Mareks vaccinations. I bet it's more cost for a small group than you would expect. Maybe not, but find out what you are in for before you place an order for unvaccinated chicks.
Oh, thank you! I hadn't thought of that one....will definitely look into that first.

Back
Top Bottom