Sandi K's Drunken Beef

Quote:
I've been called A Piece of Work..among other things...
big_smile.png

OK, OK - I'll do it your way {long-suffering sigh}
Totally agree on the wine - I have about 1/2 a bottle of a nice red left & will use that.
If it has turned to vinegar (I'm really more of a white drinker - this was a gift) then I'll try the beer.
The vinegar in the pepperoncini brine does the tenderizing in my version.

I am a transplanted Chicagoan myself. Lived 30+ years a block from Wrigley Field. I was born on the "Sout" Side, grew up in the burbs and moved back to the City when I was 18.
The Hoosier beef doesn't come out sliceable like Chicago-style, it shreds like ropa vieja but the taste is similar.

Keep the recipes coming!
Last night I made your Black & White pasta - Heaven!!!
I made garlic bread from frugal's cornmeal bread and it went well with the pastas.
If you guys don't stop posting here I'll have to switch to the jeans with the elastic waistband soon
sad.png

In the lat 60's I lived on Patterson and Broadway (FUNKY Broadway), Not that far from Wrigley Field. Loved that area back then...

That black and white pasta is THE BOMB... you can make great garlic bread using the garlic oil and sprinkle on some grated parm and a little dash of freshly chopped flat leaf parsley...

What do you mean "jeans"? We might as well just get a moo-moo and forget about the jeans! At the rate we've all been swapping recipes and eating, there won't be any jeans big enough!!!
tongue.png

Well, I don't know anything about any "mystery elastic stretch", but I'm sure they would make my butt look big!!!

I'm sure your wife could tell many tales of diet woe!!! Poor lady. . . .I'm sure it's awful living with a guy who can cook!!!
tongue2.gif

bigmike&[b :

In the lat 60's I lived on Patterson and Broadway (FUNKY Broadway), Not that far from Wrigley Field. Loved that area back then...

That black and white pasta is THE BOMB... you can make great garlic bread using the garlic oil and sprinkle on some grated parm and a little dash of freshly chopped flat leaf parsley...
[/b]

WE WAS NEIGHBORS!
In 1968 I lived on Clark just north of Diversey, around the corner from B'way!
Maybe you came to one of the parties my roomie & I used to have. The "guest list" was us posting leaflets on the telephone poles...
Aaahhh...the 60's...amazing time to live, amazing that I lived through them:lol:

Last edited:
We're threadjacking here 2Dogs, but I saw more great famous bands and performers in 67 and 68 than in the rest of my whole life... Tje Cheetah was some place.

One of the first things that challenged me to cook was back in the early 70's, I'm just out of the Army and eating at a mexican place up on the far North Side called El Sol...

http://www.insiderpages.com/b/3714165116

they did a chicken enchilada platter that had MOLE SAUCE on it. Didn't know what it was but asked. A couple years later I was living in California and dying for mole and a friend lent me a Trader Vic's Mexican cookbook

http://cgi.ebay.com/Trader-Vics-Boo...hash=item200238067353&_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

that launched me on my path. Learned one dish, then another and so on...

Always striving to do better...

M

Last edited:
bigmike&nan :

We're threadjacking here 2Dogs, but I saw more great famous bands and performers in 67 and 68 than in the rest of my whole life... Tje Cheetah was some place.

Always striving to do better...
M

Shame on us...
The Cheetah was too loud for me, I was a delicate Flowerchild...and I preferred Blues & Jazz. Did you ever visit the Jazz Record Mart on Grand Ave?
If so you probably saw me hanging out there. By fraternizing with the help I got to attend recording session with Big bill Broonzy and Muddy Waters among others. Also got took drinking to clubs like Theresa's and Peppers Lounge. I was waaaaaaaay underage, but coming in with the owner of Delmark Records gave me a Free Pass
cool.png

I never ate at El Sol - my Mexican haunt was a little place on Halsted near Diversey, can't recall the name & it's been gone a while now. And there was El Jardin on Clark - best & biggest margaritas on Earth!

OK - no more hijacking - back to recipes!​

It's that time of year when you need a dish to take to a gathering of friends.
It's that time of year when you miss old friends, here and passed on.
It's that time of year for Sandi K's drunken beef... With ME guarding the crock pot !! LOL

Back
Top Bottom