Sandwiches, Soup, and ???

what about some sort of salad. Broccoli salad, potato, macaroni, traditional lettuce salad, jello salad, carrot raisin salad is pretty inexpensive, cole slaw, baked beans

SIL also has a habit of showing up with dips... sausage & cheese, plain ol' queso, ranch.... If she doesn't bring any then this wouldn't be a problem... but if we both do then there will be tension... if her supply doesn't get used up before mine (or MILs for that matter) then she gets offended.

So, I have to try and think of something that she would never in a million years bother making. *sigh*

I am SO dreaming of my Granny's kitchen table... spam sandwich (with mustard!) and a coke.

Y'all think I'm too old to run away to Grama's house in Arkansas?

Edit... BAKED BEANS... I can do that... have before... very cool.

Last edited:
Quote:
Here's one of my favorite cole slaw recipes too. Just get 1 head of cabbage and make this. DON'T add all that sugar like they have in the recipe. Put in 1 tablespoon to start and then add as you taste it. I don't like sweet slaw, so I usually only put in about 2 tablespoons sugar. Everything else in that recipe is perfect - they'll LOVE it! Enjoy!

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Aw-some-Cole-Slaw/Detail.aspx

One of the most requested recipes of mine is my sausage dip. It's super yummy and super easy. 2 packs cream cheese, 1 can rotel, 1 pound sausage browned and drained. Mix it all together and put in a little crock pot to keep warm. It's good with Fritos, Wheat Thins, Hawaiin Bread, or chips. Double the recipe and you should have plenty. The other most requsted recipes of mine is my beer weinies. Take about 3 pounds of lil smokies or hot dogs cut into 1 inch pieces, a bottle of good bbq sauce, half a beer, and 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes, mix all and put in crock pot to keep warm. I will be making these two (as requested) to take to our Christmas dinner Friday. I never come home with leftovers from either of the two.

bread, bread and more bread. Zucchini bread, banana bread, french bread, pumpkin bread, jalepeno cheese bread. You get the idea. The bread will be better than anything else and you shine yet again.

Quote:
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom