Sanford, NC family fined $1300 day for chickens!Update She Found US!!!

You know with this comment, real or not, it may be time to go over the council's authority. Have you tried contacting your local congress person or the state Governor?

Well Joanna has opened up a new can of worms. It is well known that Hispanic crime is way up in NC. The statistics show drugs, gangs, and alcohol related traffic homicides have risen substantially in the last few years. This is due to illegals coming here for employment harvesting crops and such. Adding cock fighting to that list is what they're afraid of.

Just to add, my post on WRAL still hasn't shown up so I wrote the editor asking why. I followed the rules and my post was not offensive to anyone....unlike some of the other posts on there.

We'll fight for you as long as it takes Alex. Don't give up.

Adding cock fighting to that list is what they're afraid of.

Hate to quote my own post but if the council only ALLOW HENS then it would solve that problem.​

Blaming one group for a rise in crimes is nothing more than racial profiling. Other groups participate in the same activities, or similar ones (if it's not los gallos, it's dogfighting...) I wouldn't worry too much.

Things to do today...

Well, there are TWO news stories about Alex and her chickens today. Yes, you can vote for BOTH to be the top stories of the day. If you already voted, be aware that the vote gets reset each day and you need to vote again.

(1) Vote for her original story on WRAL (their local news) to make it the top story of the day:
http://www.wral.com/golo/page/1896337/?id=3119125

(2) Here's the link to the follow-up story. Vote to make it the story of the day! (It's currently in fifth place...). Don't forget to leave comments.
http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/3135690/

(3) Vote for her iReport on CNN.com to get it some national news attention:
http://www.ireport.com/docs/DOC-42025
**This report has been viewed 52 times... It doesn't matter who watches it; it just needs to get attention. The top-viewed iReports (the ones that end up on CNN) have about 1,000 hits. We have 12,000 members. We need clicks to get CNN's attention! Send it to friends, to family -- get them to click on it! I think only individual IP addresses count (this means one view per person -- every computer has an IP address). I'll experiment with this later because that might not be true.***

(4) E-mail the Sanford City Council with your thoughts about why chickens make great pets (keep it civil and educated): [email protected] ***Thank you if you have already done this.***

Last edited:
I voted, wrote letters and called....amazingly, the Sanford Mayor would not speak with me....nor would the City manager. Cowards or sick of the phone ringing off the hook?. hehehehehehe

Last edited:
They wouldn't speak with someone from another state? That's ridiculous. Why not add that to the iReport comments on CNN and the comments on the WRAL articles. Let people know how you've been treated by their local government.

Back
Top Bottom