Sanity check my 14x20ft half-roofed run plans please?

The supplier of our roofing specifically told us that using the angle grinder would void the 50-year warranty on the coating.

Your mileage may vary.

The shears are very easy to use and, IMO, were worth every penny.

Also the heavy-duty fence stapler.

View attachment 2864816

(My DH calls me "the tool enabler" because I always encourage him to buy tools that make our projects go more easily and smoothly).
My husband replaced every single tool I was using this summer to build our newest coop with cordless versions because he got tired of unplugging stuff to plug in the next tool and tripping over wires.

Damm, I wish my wife was more like you. She hates it when I buy tools, lol

Well, I'm handy too -- if I have tools that fit my small hands.

After we bought the fence stapler and the shears I got a narrow-crown stapler for working with the coop doors that wouldn't take the heavy staples (I put in a double row closely spaced for safety), and interior stuff like brooders, partitions, etc. that don't have to be predator proof.

Well, I'm handy too -- if I have tools that fit my small hands.

After we bought the fence stapler and the shears I got a narrow-crown stapler for working with the coop doors that wouldn't take the heavy staples (I put in a double row closely spaced for safety), and interior stuff like brooders, partitions, etc. that don't have to be predator proof.
My wife is not a handy person when it comes to building something. She doesn't care if we have chickens. If there's a dozen store bought eggs in the fridge, she'll grab those first, lol

My wife is not a handy person when it comes to building something. She doesn't care if we have chickens. If there's a dozen store bought eggs in the fridge, she'll grab those first, lol

For us it's a family thing -- on both sides. We told the kids that they had to be handy by default since it was in their genetic code.

P.S.

DeWalt's new line of tools that all take the slim, lightweight battery are great. We have the drill, the impact driver, and the oscillating tool (the corded Worx oscillating tool burned out too soon).
I'm pretty happy with my DeWalt, too - but mostly have Bosch corded. Except for roofing, where battery powered impact drivers are nice, I MUCH prefer power tools connected to actual power. Have had terrible experience, not just with battery life, but with battery changes - its planned obsolescence.

I'm pretty happy with my DeWalt, too - but mostly have Bosch corded. Except for roofing, where battery powered impact drivers are nice, I MUCH prefer power tools connected to actual power. Have had terrible experience, not just with battery life, but with battery changes - its planned obsolescence.

I don't mind cords as much as DH does because they're usually lighter for my small hands and arthritic wrists.

But I'm learning the value of the compressor-driven tools now.

I don't mind cords as much as DH does because they're usually lighter for my small hands and arthritic wrists.

But I'm learning the value of the compressor-driven tools now.
My nephew has the paslode framing and finish nailers. While a bit heavy, they are awesome. He had a DeWalt cordless framing nailer, and returned it. Said it was too temperamental.

Back
Top Bottom