Sapphire Gem Olive Eggers

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by momentspicd, Feb 19, 2019.

1. nicalandia

nicalandia Crowing

Jul 16, 2009
    Oh shoot! but hey I am sure he is very happy there, I know I would if I was a rooster

Brahma Chicken5000 likes this.
  2. Brahma Chicken5000

Brahma Chicken5000 Araucana Addict

Sep 26, 2017
    Central New Jersey
    Yes they get to live out their lives at the park. I’ve dropped off 6 cockerels in the last 2 years.

3. momentspicd

momentspicd In the Brooder

Jun 2, 2016
    They are all 5 hens. The 1 that’s barred and crested with yellow legs is laying a light brown egg. 3 that are solid gray -2 crested- lay green eggs. The one that looks just like Hoover’s sapphire OE pic , gray with black head, slate legs - also lays light brown eggs. Talk about disappointment.

Momma Kat likes this.
  4. Momma Kat

Momma Kat Chirping

May 5, 2019
    Illinois
    Did any of yours have a light brown spot on them? I just got two a week ago. They are both beautiful blue gray. One has a brown spot on it’s head and the other has a brown spot just past the middle of it’s back.

Attached Files:

5. momentspicd

momentspicd In the Brooder

Jun 2, 2016
    No they didn’t have any brown, 2 of them and dark heads and three had white and gray. As they grew out they are all hens. Of the 2 with dark heads, one is crested and lays light green. The other is crested and lays a brown egg. Two of the spotted turned out barred, one crested that lays brown, one not crested that lays light green. The last turned out a pretty blueish gray, not created and lay a light green. Hoover’s would say what they crossed but as you can tell they don’t have the genetics map out well. What you get is a guess.

6. Gypsiechick

Gypsiechick In the Brooder

May 17, 2018

Hoovers also has a breed called a sapphire gem olive egger as well as the sapphire gem. They are in 2 different sections sapphire gem olive egger is listed unfer colored egg layers snd sapphire gems are listed under brown layers.

7. Momma Kat

Momma Kat Chirping

May 5, 2019
    Illinois
    Mine were listed as Sapphire gem olive egger. I am now able to see that BB, the one with a brown spot on it’s head is a cockerel. His crown is showing now and he has waddles unlike the other who is not showing any changes. She is also a maybe a day or two older.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: