Sapphire olive egger from Hoover's hatchery

wleigh1021

Songster
5 Years
Jan 16, 2016
New Jersey
Does anyone else have these from this year? I have just one hatched in mid March and is yet to start laying. Her comb and wattles have been red for months so I thought she would be my first layer from this group but she is my last! Even my rooster shows no interest in her. She has no crest so I'm hoping I got the right breed and not a Sapphire gem by mistake as I got her from a store rather than direct. I won't know until she starts laying! If you do have one can you tell me when they started laying and upload a pic of the egg?

Mine aren't the sapphire color, but I do have 2 olive eggers from Hoover's that I got this spring. They just started laying about 2 weeks ago. 20190824_115252.jpg 20190814_200842.jpg The egg pic is of their first egg...the ones they lay now are a bit lighter green.

Sorry for the delay....it's been one of those chicken weeks where what can go wrong does. Anyways I think both my ee and this pullet are laying. I have 2 blue eggs that are slightly different in both shape and color. I must have accidentally grabbed a blue Bluebell egger instead of a Sapphire olive egger. Oh well, I have a brown layer rooster so if I want a green egger I'll just hatch their eggs next year!

Attachments

• 20190831_123131.jpg
    20190831_123131.jpg
    805.7 KB · Views: 122
  • 20190831_123559.jpg
    20190831_123559.jpg
    342.5 KB · Views: 119
Sorry for the delay....it's been one of those chicken weeks where what can go wrong does. Anyways I think both my ee and this pullet are laying. I have 2 blue eggs that are slightly different in both shape and color. I must have accidentally grabbed a blue Bluebell egger instead of a Sapphire olive egger. Oh well, I have a brown layer rooster so if I want a green egger I'll just hatch their eggs next year!
Prairie Bluebell egger? Is that the one pictures? I bought two and they look like barred rocks.

We have one Sapphire Olive Egger from Hoover's Hatchery that was hatched May 1st. She just started laying darker brown eggs this week. We were hoping for the green eggs. :/

I assume your lady started laying , but I wanted to chime in I had 3 sapphire Olive eggers - 2 laid a light green egg / mint if you will , and one laid a light brown , near white egg . That hen dropped over dead though :-/

Back
Top Bottom