SASSO CHICKEN

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by satulee, Jan 23, 2017.

1. satulee

satulee Just Hatched

Jan 19, 2017
    Hi Members,
    i just want to ask a few question concerning Sasso Breed
    1. is this breed a good eggs layer?
    2.where is the origin of this breed?
    3.which is the best eggs layer breed for East African Country ( anyone with idea on this question 3 is welcomed)

i have 150 Sasso chicken with two month they eat a lot [​IMG]

your feedback will help me on poultry industry i see a lot of opportunity here in East Africa.
    [​IMG]

2. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi again.

1. From the little i know of the breed - they are dual purpose birds, so their feed consumption will be relatively high compared to egg output.
    2. Sasso is a French company - so the Sasso chickens sold in East Africa is likely to be bred to suit our conditions. They are a commercial breed.
    3. I would buy layer hybrids from major poultry companies for the greatest egg production. Here in Kenya, I would buy layers from Kenchic. I'm sure you have the equivalent companies in Tz. They will lay very well, and consume much less feed than other options. Be aware that whatever layer breed you buy, the birds will have to be replaced every 18 months or so, since their egg production will decrease thereafter.

Good luck

Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
    1 person likes this.
  3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings, satulee, and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined our community! I know nothing of the breed mentioned so I will defer to those with knowledge on the matter. I wish you well in your chicken venture! [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

It's nice to have you here, thanks for joining us!

5. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft!

Hello!
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to join the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around BYC.

1 person likes this.
  6. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under satulee [​IMG] Welcome!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to BYC. CTken has given you good information. Personally I have never heard of that type of chicken.

8. satulee

satulee Just Hatched

Jan 19, 2017
    Hi CTKen,

thanks for your kindness i will check on Kenchic i really want to fully engage in poultry industry.
    My Dream is to have a small if not medium poultry farm.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by