Sat., Sept. 24th, TSC. / BYC Farm Swap, Dunnellon, FL. (Ocala area)

cmom

Hilltop Farm
Premium Feather Member
16 Years
Nov 18, 2007
Florida
My Coop
My Coop
Buy-Sell-Trade Anything and Everything Poultry, Livestock or Farm related (Please NO yard sale items).
We have had such successful swaps that we are planning another swap for Saturday, September 24th. We had over 1500 people attend our other swaps. There will be food funraisers as well as an equestrian presentation and more. We can have some corals set up for anyone who wants to bring larger animals such as horses and cattle. If you plan on bringing any larger animals please for more info contact Joan: 352-216-4225.

There are also several restaurants in the area all within walking distance, McDonalds, Pizza Hut, Dunkin Donuts, Sonic, Pavarotti's Italian Restaurant, Sweet Bay Grocery Store, Wal-Mart. Also there are rest rooms. There is some shade. If you have an umbrella or canopy you may want to bring it. If we have some larger animals we will set up some corals in part of the shady area. There is a nice big grassy area with no shade. Join us for a fun day... Don't forget to bring a camera.

Dunnellon, FL. Tractor Supply Company, Back Yard Chicken Swap
Saturday September 24th
9:00 am - 3:00 pm
11252 N Williams St
Dunnellon, FL.
---> MAP
For more info contact Joan: 352-216-4225

TCSsept242011-2.jpg

Last edited:
I am planning on being there and I should have a few coops, some single chamber and multi chamber bat houses (Pics to come) and single nest boxes, (maybe some mutiple)

A type of chicken tractor that I will have there, will be very similar to this one

45053_img_1302.jpg

45053_img_1306.jpg

Another possible style that I will have there:

45053_dec_13_160.jpg

If you need a coop before the swap just send me a message or contact me thru Tampabay craigslist

Last edited:
Here are my single nest boxes, they are 3/8 plywood (3ply) put together with brads and construction adhesive. They also have a linoleum floor covering for east cleaning.

45053_100_6503.jpg

Single chamber bat houses are built to UF publication WEC246 Effective bat houses for Florida, the 4 chamber will be built to the same standard, but I do not have pictures of those yet. The pictures show one not primed and one primed, final paint will be a light gray. They are built with 3/8" plywood (3ply), groves cut every 1/2" o.c., the interior is finished in a dark stain, secured with screws and construction adhesive. The exterior has been caulked, painted with 1 cost of oil based primer and 1 coat of light gray exterior oil based paint.

45053_100_6508.jpg

45053_100_6515.jpg

45053_100_6516.jpg

Last edited:
This is our next upcoming local swap for the north/central Florida area so back to the top with it.

We'll be there with Midget White turkeys, MW turkey hatching eggs, and (chicken) table eggs. I also have a Standard Bronze tom from this spring's hatch. He's my largest tom but has crooked toes so he's not going to make the cut for my breeder flock. Still growing well though and will make an excellent Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner!

I may also have some back issues of Backyard Poultry and Practical Poultry (U.K.) if I can round them all up by then.

BTW, I bought one of those bat houses from Mr_Fixit at the Brooksville swap. It's well made so I can recommend it.

I'll be bring cages and possibly some 2 and 3 month old chicks. They are some second generation Isa Browns (mutts) pullets and cockerels (still excellent layers) and some Red Star pullets and cockerels. Also, I am looking for egg turners for any make and model styrofoam table top incubators.

Here are some pictures from one of our last swaps. We had around 1500 people come.
9079_img_0532.jpg
IMG_2158-1.jpg
IMG_2159-1.jpg
IMG_2144-1.jpg
IMG_2156-1.jpg

Just a reminder. If your have an umbrella or canopy you may want to bring it. There is some shade but there is also a large grassy area with no shade where people can set up. We have had a lot of people contact us so we should have a very good swap.

IMG_2142-1.jpg
IMG_2141-1.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom