Sat., Sept. 24th, TSC. / BYC Farm Swap, Dunnellon, FL. (Ocala area)

We haven't had many BYC peeps interested in this swap. We always have a great turnout of buyers and sellers. TSC is handing out fliers to all of the customers and we have had many inquiries about what different breeds of birds will be available.

So far we will have from the BYC peeps that are attending:

Midget White turkeys and eggs
Coops
Cages (maybe some mostly cockerel chicks hatched on June 24th and July 16th) I do have 4 Red Star pullets the same age.
1 1/2 months old; Delawares, Barred Rocks, Black Rocks, and Mixed Bantams

Last edited:
I'm attending, but not selling.
smile.png

Oooh i just saw this! I may be attending...if i do, is there anyone interested in an approx. 6 month old RIR rooster? Hes gorgeous and quite a ladies man...looking for a home where he WILL NOT be eaten...he's very good to his hens and finds and holds food for them...very protective, but still understands the boundaries and doesnt attack me...i wish i could keep him, but im in the city and we arent supposed to have roosters and he's ticking off my neighbors with his crowing :-/

Also, does anyone have any Ameraucana, EE, barred rock, or white leghorn (possibly other breeds of LF too) older pullets / young hens close to laying for sale? Looking to add to my flock...MUST be female, as i ant take the heartache of trying to rehome another rooster (i get attached to easily)

Quote:
Are you looking to add him to your breeding stock, or do you have someone else interested?

My breeding stock. Do you have a picture of him?
photosmile.gif

Quote:
Are you looking to add him to your breeding stock, or do you have someone else interested?

My breeding stock. Do you have a picture of him? http://www.pic4ever.com/images/photosmile.gif

Here are 3 pics...sorry for the crappy quality (phone pics)...I can try to get better ones tomorrow if you'd like...

BG3.jpg

BG2.jpg

BG1.jpg

Also, I do not know how common this is, but when I purchased him at approx. 8 weeks of age, he was missing feathers on the front of his neck area...I thought maybe he had been plucked?! The feathers never really came back...there are pin feathers there, and red skin (similar in texture to his waddles, but this is below the waddles)...is this normal and I need an anatomy lesson, or could they have been damaged when he was little?! He's been healthy as far as I know...

Must have been some how damaged where the feathers never grew back in. How old is he? I had 5 RIR roos but recently gave one away and want to replace him with a new bloodline. Is your boy a RIR or Production Red? In the pictures he looks lighter in color than my boys.

Last edited:
Quote:
Well, he was sold to me, along with the hens, as RIR...one of the hens is lighter than the other though...so I'm not sure :-/ I don't know enough about either breed to say definitely one or the other...If you're not interested in him, no big deal...until the right home comes along, he's not in any danger
smile.png

Also, are you bringing any birds to the swap?

Back
Top Bottom