Sat., Sept. 24th, TSC. / BYC Farm Swap, Dunnellon, FL. (Ocala area)

I'll be there, but not sure of what to bring. My little hatchback only holds so much, and you never know what people are looking for. I still have one buff Brahma pair and would like to see them go as a pair. I have a few more large cockerels, some d'uccles, and some 6-7 month old layers. In the d'ccles, which are bantam, I have a pair of mottled, a millie pair, a many little cockerels.(of course) But those little guys make great showmanship birds for the kids cause they are small and calm.

Quote:
I think I'll pass. I actually just gave away one of my RIR cockerels. I have one with 9 pullets and I'm going to introduce 4 more pullets. Hopefully he can handle 13. I have two more RIR boys with 12 girls each. Looking forward to meeting you.

I will have a table set up with a BYC banner and my Hilltop Farm banner. I will have stick-on name badges at the table for anyone who would like one so we will be able to know each other.

No problem! I just didn't want to bring him all the way up there if you weren't interested...If I am able to make it, I will definitely stop by and say hello!

All loaded up and ready to roll...
wind14.gif

Quote:
It was really nice meeting you today at the swap and several others!!!! I am enjoying my new Polish chicken and roo, they are so adorable, thanks for all the helpful advice I was given about them as well. I had a great time and also sold several random items of my own and 2 Quaker Parrots, all in all a great day!!
wee.gif
wee.gif

It was a pretty good swap all things considered. It started off kind of slow but by the end of the day we sold all of the hatching eggs we'd brought and four of the six turkeys we took. Got home afterwards and had to unload the remaining two birds in the rain. Got inside and had not even put myself down good when the phone rang and it was a fellow who had been at the swap that wanted the remaining two birds! Back out into the rain to pack them up again and off we went! Nothing like selling out!

I have some photos as well, but it'll likely be Monday before I can get them up.

I had fun too. I bought 2 speckled sussex hens, 2 mixed OEGB chicks, and a kid.
ep.gif

No, no, I goat kid...
gig.gif

He's so cute and he's going to get huge. I hope he settles down soon because he sounds so lonely and pathetic. He's got chicken friends and dog friends and human friends, so I think he'll be okay.

Back
Top Bottom