Sat., Sept. 24th, TSC. / BYC Farm Swap, Dunnellon, FL. (Ocala area)

Quote:
Quote:
I have several boys I might bring. Some are Delaware/RIR mix and some 2nd generation Isa Browns that don't breed true. I will probably be putting my incubators back online the end of the month. I have RIRs, RIWs, and Isa Browns.

That's a long drive to move unwanted roosters unless you're looking for something to take home.

You never know about roosters. I've seen them that they could not be given away and I've seen them go for ten dollars or more. All depends on who shows up. I'd price them at five bucks and see if you have any takers.

The weather is beginning to look like it's going to be nice for this one.

We'll be there with two Standard Bronze toms that did not make the cut for my breeder flock. They have crooked toes but have been growing well. In fact they are among the larger of my toms. They'll make great yard art or even better holiday meals.

We'll also have Midget White turkeys. Spring hatched and will be old enough to eat for the holidays, or breeding and they'll make great pets.

We'll probably have some Midget White turkey hatching eggs. It's late in their season so they aren't laying much but I'll bring what we have.

Also, if anyone is interested, I may bring 2 saddles I have for sale...one 17-inch Big Horn brand leather and synthetic saddle...black in color...good condition....other is a brown leather saddle, 15-inch seat...not sure what brand....also good condition...asking $150 each OBO...I have pics if anyone is interested!

Still looking to possibly buy a few older pullets / younger hens to add to my small backyard flock...looking for EE / Ameraucanas, Buff Orpingtons, Jersey Giants, white leghorns, LF Cochins (not GL, as I already have one)...barred rock...basicly docile breeds for eggs...If anyone has any known females that they have for sale, please let me know...I can't take the chance of getting anothe roo, as I'm having difficulty finding a good home for the one I have!

Just a friendly reminder that the Tractor Supply Company / Back Yard Chicken Farm Swap is this coming Saturday Sept. 24th. Hope to see some BYC peeps. I know there are other swaps going on this weekend. We always have a great turnout.
welcome6smiley.gif
4869.gif
turkydance1.gif
thankyou.gif

Quote:
I think I'll pass. I actually just gave away one of my RIR cockerels. I have one with 9 pullets and I'm going to introduce 4 more pullets. Hopefully he can handle 13. I have two more RIR boys with 12 girls each. Looking forward to meeting you.

I will have a table set up with a BYC banner and my Hilltop Farm banner. I will have stick-on name badges at the table for anyone who would like one so we will be able to know each other.

Back
Top Bottom