Saturday Morning Sweet Potato Pancake Breakfast for my chickens

bietsch624

Songster
15 Years
Nov 28, 2008
I alwasy cook the left over batter when I make pancakes and waffles for my "girls"; this morning tried a new recipe that made way to many for my family so the chickens got the leftovers. They absolutely loved them.

I always feed my chickens leftovers it's fun watching them just trample over just to get the piece first
smile.png

Last edited:
OK....so where's the recipe for the Sweet Potato Pancakes????????? Now you've got me craving some.......

That was funny about the dogs getting more treats when they start laying eggs!

Of course, what else would you do with leftovers?! The fat dog (from eating chicken poop, partly) certainly doesn't need them!

Sweet Potato Pancakes...they were yummy!

Ingredients
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
3 tablespoons sugar
1/2 tablespoon baking soda
1 tablespoon baking powder
3 cups buttermilk
3 large eggs
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 large sweet potato, roasted and cooled
2 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Directions
In a large bowl, combine the flour, salt, sugar, baking soda, and baking powder. In a separate bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, eggs, and melted butter, and then add this to the dry mixture. Peel and mash the sweet potato, place it in a bowl, and then add the honey, cinnamon, and nutmeg and mix it well. Add this mixture into the pancake batter. Let the batter stand for 1 hour (or you can make it a day ahead of time).

Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add batter by the ladleful and cook the pancakes, in batches, until golden brown on each side.

Back
Top Bottom