Saudi troops open fire on protestors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Q9

General Headache
13 Years
Jun 22, 2009
The Sovereign State of NC
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/M/ML_SAUDI_PROTESTS?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2011-03-10-16-28-21

So
much for free speech. One good thing that will come of this: the Saudi government is undermining its moral standing. No reasonable person could possibly support such a blatant abuse of military power.

I'm praying for these people. I don't agree with Islam, but dang it, I do agree with freedom, and that's what these people are asking for. Here's hoping this doesn't end up with a body count and a new dictatorship.

EDIT - Okay, you know what, just go ahead and lock this thread. The mere fact that it's a major current event and that I'm the one who posted it is probably enough to start an argument, and I don't want to get in trouble AGAIN.

Last edited:
Saudi Arabia doesn't have the right to free speech.

We have been dealing with this country and its horrible human rights record for decades. All for one reason: Saudi oil.

The Saudi royal family funds radical Islamic madrasses worldwide.

Saudi women have few rights.

Saudi Arabia practices government sanctioned mutilation.

The list of human rights abuses for this country is very long. It has no moral standing and never did. We, as a country, have agreed to overlook it due to the oil they possess. I'm sure that this will get a strongly worded response and nothing more.

Last edited:
mom'sfolly :

Saudi Arabia doesn't have the right to free speech.

We have been dealing with this country and its horrible human rights record for decades. All for one reason: Saudi oil.

The Saudi royal family funds radical Islamic madrasses worldwide.

Saudi women have few rights.

Saudi Arabia practices government sanctioned mutilation.

The list of human rights abuses for this country is very long. It has no moral standing and never did. We, as a country, have agreed to overlook it due to the oil they possess. I'm sure that this will get a strongly worded response and nothing more.

Good gosh. What is the world coming to?! Mom'sfolly wrote a post, and I agreed with every. Single. Word. Oh my gosh.​

They're selling snowballs in Hades at this very moment.
wink.png

Quote:
It seems to be all that's on the news nowadays.

I HOPE it's for good, but the history of revolutions makes me somewhat pessimistic. The military is in control of Egypt, and Libya is basically engaged in a civil war.

prepare...I think it is going to get a lot worse world wide before it gets any better, if ever on the better part...I think folks here, on this site, are far better able to care for themselves and survive than the many city dwellers who haven't a clue about where FOOD comes from or how to fire a weapon and so on and so forth...there are elements in our society who have just gone bonkers and lost all semblance of civility...at this point in my life, I am glad I am old...I lived through some of the best of times in America...and I am saddened by what I see now...I guess that is enough said, tho I could write a pretty lengthy deal on what I see and how I feel about what I see...I am going to go hug a duck...THAT brings me happiness...

Quote:
It seems to be all that's on the news nowadays.

I HOPE it's for good, but the history of revolutions makes me somewhat pessimistic. The military is in control of Egypt, and Libya is basically engaged in a civil war.

yep, that's the one. the situation in Libya seems to be getting worse by the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom