Sausage and Bacon Time!

pintail_drake2004

Songster
6 Years
Jun 12, 2017
IL
It's been a good start to the year. Been cranking out several different kinds of sausage here the last few weeks. And started a new batch of buckboard bacon. The bacon should be ready to go into the smoker this weekend.

Fresh kielbasa
Kielbasa.jpg

30# of kielbasa in the smoker. Smoked with cherry harvested from my farm.
Kielbasa on smoker.jpg

21# of deer, garlic & black pepper snack sticks
snack sticks.jpg

snack sticks got smoked too
Snack sticks.jpg

homemade salameats
salameat.jpg

Fresh salameat hot off the grill
salameat 1.jpg

Last but not least, my buckboard bacon. 31# of deboned and trimmed pork shoulders. I prefer shoulders because I like thick cut, lean, peppered bacon. You can't buy that in the store.
deboned and trimmed shoulder.jpg

In the cure, will sit in the fridge for 7-10 days before I smoke.
bagged bacon in cure..jpg

Its nothing fancy. A masterbuilt sportsman elite. I'm planning on building a smokehouse now.
My wife is Polish, and she wanted a Kielbasa like what she grew up with. She use to buy Kielbasa in her community in Chicago from an old guy who has made sausage for 70 years-he was from the old world. He is no longer around, so I tried my best to replicate the recipe. Once I pulled the test batch off the smoker, she tried it and immediate called her folks in Chicago. They were talking in Polish, and it seemed like every other word was "kielbasa" for the whole conversation. She turned around to me and said, "You're going to need to build a smokehouse, my peoples are going to want some of this!"

Its nothing fancy. A masterbuilt sportsman elite. I'm planning on building a smokehouse now.
My wife is Polish, and she wanted a Kielbasa like what she grew up with. She use to buy Kielbasa in her community in Chicago from an old guy who has made sausage for 70 years-he was from the old world. He is no longer around, so I tried my best to replicate the recipe. Once I pulled the test batch off the smoker, she tried it and immediate called her folks in Chicago. They were talking in Polish, and it seemed like every other word was "kielbasa" for the whole conversation. She turned around to me and said, "You're going to need to build a smokehouse, my peoples are going to want some of this!"

Thats awesome. My grandparents on my moms side immigrated here from Poland in the teens. Mom used to talk about the smokehouse her dad made. The old farmhouse is still standing(our family sold it off in the 70's) but all the old outbuildings are long gone.

Back
Top Bottom