SAVE THE CHICKENS!

palabeco

Songster
12 Years
Oct 29, 2007
S.W. PA
I read this in my local paper in the police reports this morning.

KFC picketed: Three 12-year-old girls, all from Washington, were asked to leave the property of Kentucky Fried Chicken on Murtland Avenue, where they were picketing Sunday afternoon.

The girls were holding up signs that read "no cruelty to chicken" at passing motorists about 2:30 p.m. The girls left after township police, called to the scene by the manager, said they could be charged with trespassing.

Wow, what sweet little girls, They should have moved a bit further up the road out of sight from the KFC manager.
Well, Ill give them 100 points for trying to make a difference, its good to see that they got press coverage for their efforts.

I applaud their willingness to get involved in something that I hope they genuinely believe in and is not some idea they got from a friend or from an animal rights group. I hope that these kids have educated themselves on the realities of the KFC enterprise so that they can inform the public honestly on the cruelties of the mass chicken market (which is very sad). I wish these little crusaders luck on their journey and I hope they are able to bring a little happiness to the commercial chicken market. *Adopt a retired laying hen!* Thanks for posting this story, just when we think our youth does not care about anything other then themselves, something like this pops up.
clap.gif

Well.........this could go on forever. What I mean is this........if you want to picket KFC about the chickens, well.........then you have to picket McDonalds, Burger King, Hardee's, Wendy's,Krystals, Sonic and so on and so on. Beef cattle are treated as bad as chickens! To make a more tender steak, they put a young steer in a pen that is so small that it only has room to stand up or lye down! This steer is kept like this for weeks on end. The purpose is to weaken the animals muscles which in turn, makes a more tender steak on your table!!!! I love chickens but, I also eat them..........I like cattle but, I also eat them....I love deer but, you guessed it...I eat them. The only way any of us have a right to picket a rest. chain about how they get their meat is for all of us to be TRUE Vegitarians! (the view from here)

KFC processing plants really torment their chickens. And it is BAD!! There is a website called www.kentuckyfriedcruelty.com that has a video of what they do in the plants. It's really disgusting to watch, and saddening.
sad.png
If you really want to how that giant chicken dinner got to your plate, then watch some of the videos.

Hooray for the girls
yippiechickie.gif

I feel that we all have a right to picket. For me it's not that people are necessarily eating chicken, but rather the way the chickens are mistreated throughout their short lives. Same holds true for calves, pigs, ducks, lamb and cows.

Making people aware of the life (and death) of any animal that we consume is important cause it's so easy to just pick up the cellophane package in the store and not think about the reality of where it came from.

Deer or any other wild animal are an exception to this, since they've had a great free life eating the foods that are best for them.

I applaud them if they where sincere. I am a meat eater myself and have no respect for many of the commercial facilities. Not to mention the health benefits of free range chicken and pasture fed beef. So even as a meat eater I feel there is a right to picket if one is informed and gives just cause.

This is why im vegetarian, I cant even wear leather anymore.
I detest what we do to god's creatures, its so arcaic!
TVP and tofu have many more protein benefits than a dead animal, and dont start at me about carrots! I always get that!

I'm a vegetarian. I have no problem with people eating meat ((in fact I'm the only vegetarian in my family)) but, I do have a problem with how their treated.

My mom is thinking of getting meat chickens, she wont force me to eat them, because I wont, but I know they'll be happier if we raised them for meat instead of buying them.

This is why im vegetarian, I cant even wear leather anymore.
I detest what we do to god's creatures, its so arcaic!
TVP and tofu have many more protein benefits than a dead animal, and dont start at me about carrots! I always get that!

I agree!​

Back
Top Bottom