SAVED A WILD DUCKLING

toosensitive

Hatching
Jul 1, 2018
okay, so i was walking home on the train tracks when i happened to be walking behind a family of ducks. I think they were scared of me bc they started to speed up and the mother fled into a couple bushes leaving her ducklings on the tracks. I panicked bc they started to scatter in opposite directions and we were right next to a super busy road. Anyhow, I found this duckling stuck in one of the holes in the train tracks. A train started come and the pressure persuaded me to take it home and protect it. I feel incredibly stupid for this seeing that its a lot of responsibility. I read on the forum that you shouldnt release the duckling out in the wild (even near a pond with ducks) because the family ducks wont take it in. is this true? if so what do i do? theres no animal rehabilitation centers near me. It seems like a mallard duckling, probably only a few weeks old. It seems to keep panicking for the most part, only occasionally taking breaks. I put it in a big plastic tub but it doesnt seem to like it very much, seeing that it keeps trying to jump out. ive provided it with some treats and hay and water. i also put just an energy saving light bulb shining on it.

Back
Top Bottom